The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-03-2013, 06:54 PM

Default TC Helicon Voice Tone H1

I just got the voice harmonizer TC Helicon makes and I'm getting a buzz through the speakers. Connections are solid and I've checked the ground switch and all the other suggestions the manual makes. Any thoughts, ideas, advice, or suggestions??
Thanks,
Jack
Old 04-04-2013, 04:53 AM

I own a T1 & a D1, and have never had any noise out of them.
Is the gain on the side set too high?
Old 04-04-2013, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitz View Post
Even though the xlr cable I was using was new, I had a brand new Monster cable I replaced it with and the noise was gone! Wow, who would have thought it was the cable even though the cable I had was new!!
Old 04-04-2013, 02:50 PM

Glad you found the fix! I really like the single series from TC.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:22 PM

Default TC Helicon H1

I'm glad it was a simple fix, and you did not have to return the unit. I have used one for about a year, and am very pleased with both the sound and simplicity of the unit. You may find that if you are setting it in one position and leaving it there for performance, it is handy to use painters tape to keep the knobs from being accidentally changed.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitz View Post
I would be interested to learn about how you use the T1, and your review of it. I am thinking about it for small scale live work on vocals - just to tighten them. Thanks!
Old 04-23-2014, 07:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcn100 View Post
I would be interested to learn about how you use the T1, and your review of it. I am thinking about it for small scale live work on vocals - just to tighten them. Thanks!
dcn100 - I use the TC GXT harmonizer in our acoustic duo with my wife and we love it. TC makes great products. I did a review with some rough You Tube demos a while back. Here is a link to that thread in case you missed it:

Equipment review: SA220, Red-Eye pre-amp, TC Helicon harmony-G XT

If you have any specific questions about our set up, let me know.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:27 PM

I bought the H1 last summer and it's definitely incredible easy to use. I was worried that I would need to run my guitar into it but just setting the key has been fine. I hate harmonizer pedals because they are definitely cheating but when I am asked to play weddings I want to do crowd pleasing tunes and a lot have very epic harmony parts and the H1 allows me to achieve that.

The only thing that I had to get used to was how evident the pedal is when activated. You really need to get it to a level where the harmonies are there but they are background enough that the digital processing isn't evident.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:19 PM

Default TC Helicon Harmonizer

I have one, find it very easy to use, though I wish it had a foot switch that was separate from the unit, so I could keep it where I can adjust it with my hands and use my foot to turn it on for the choruses. As it is, it's most useful for recording.

No problems with it and to me it sounds just great. My wife disagrees. But then, she is my greatest critic. Hard to suit her! I wonder if others feel as she does, that it doesn't sound real.

Fay OM Sinker Redwood/Tiger Myrtle
Sexauer L00 Adk/Magnolia For Sale
Hatcher Jumbo Bearclaw/"Bacon" Padauk
Goodall Jumbo POC/flamed Mahogany
Appollonio 12 POC/Myrtle
MJ Franks Resonator, all Australian Blackwood
Blackbird "Lucky 13" - carbon fiber
'31 National Duolian
+ many other stringed instruments.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:59 PM

As mentioned, I own one but definitely don't think it sounds real. That's why I make it more of a background effect.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:28 AM

Default About TC Helicon H1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
I bought the H1 last summer and it's definitely incredible easy to use. I was worried that I would need to run my guitar into it but just setting the key has been fine. I hate harmonizer pedals because they are definitely cheating but when I am asked to play weddings I want to do crowd pleasing tunes and a lot have very epic harmony parts and the H1 allows me to achieve that.

The only thing that I had to get used to was how evident the pedal is when activated. You really need to get it to a level where the harmonies are there but they are background enough that the digital processing isn't evident.
Hey there, I'm looking into getting an H1 for myself and I'm just wondering if you recommend the H1 now? I'm asking since you mentioned you bought it and I'm curious about your thoughts now. The only review I could find is this https://guitarunited.com/tc-helicon-...honest-review/ so your insights are appreciated!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification