The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 08-23-2017, 03:34 PM
Charter Member

Default 2000 Taylor 414ce Plays and Sounds Great $SOLD (Extra Mojo FREE)

Great old Taylor with excellent tone and lots of mojo (a.k.a. blemishes). All solid wood and made in the USA, this guitar plays fine and sounds wonderful. It's in structurally sound condition: the neck is straight, there are no cracks or repairs, and the Fishman electronics work fine. The blemishes are almost all on the Sitka spruce top (the back, sides, and neck are remarkably clean). There are many dings on the Sitka top, but all cosmetic. There's pick wear near the sound hole and the edge of the guitar. Some of the top blemishes do penetrate the finish. The interior label got wet at some point but I'm guessing it was spray polish-- the wood around the label appears unaffected. Apart from cosmetics, this guitar is in great playing condition. The action is excellent (3/32" and 2/32" at the 12th fret in standard tuning using 0.053"-0.012" strings) with some saddle height remaining, and the frets have wear but still play fine. The tone is very big and warm (more like an old Martin to my ears) and works equally well with a pick or finger style. The solid Sitka Spruce top has lots of volume and balance; the solid Ovankol back and sides produce tone somewhere between the strong fundamentals of mahogany and the depth and richness of rosewood. Includes original Taylor Guitars hardshell case. If you're looking for a great sounding guitar in good functioning condition without breaking the bank and you don't mind some cosmetic flaws this Taylor is an excellent choice. $SOLD. I'll absorb the PayPal; buyer pays the actual shipping of choice. [email protected]

Last edited by Peterw; 08-25-2017 at 06:05 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars