The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 04-15-2013, 04:09 PM

Default saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachi View Post
Looks like it! Good grief.
Yes! lol I was hoping nobody would see that. My father is a woodworker and it's in his shop that this guitar rests til i can figure this truss adjust out...I had him put it back together to take a picure for me and this was the result. Worry not about the saddle, I'll flip that around, i just want to figure out this truss adjust..
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Medal
Nat'l Defense Svc Metal

Lloyd LaPlant Hand Made Acoustic 12 fret guitar
Fishman Undersaddle P/U
Fishman Pro EQII Pre-Amp/EQ

Fender American Tele
Ibanez F-Style Mandolins
Hohner Harps
Audio Technica Mic's
asprin bottle slide
Boss pedals
Old 04-15-2013, 04:11 PM

Default it's NOT the saddle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankhond View Post
Backwards saddle is very likely your problem, not only because contact angle between strings and saddle are wrong and will buzz, but also typically treble side is lower than bass side, so bass strings are too low.

You should be aware of what truss rod adjustment is for before doing it. Besides the above post, go to frets.com and read about truss rod adjustment, action adjustment, saddle and nut.

Then you might try adjusting truss to the optimal point where it passes the business card test. I will leave it up to you to research the details.

If you are not comfortable with all this, take guitar to a good luthier to sort this out for you. Was it Minnesota? Hoffman guitars in Minneapolis for example.

Again...It's not the saddle. The problem existed Before the saddle. The guitar is at my fathers in his shop....I didn't have a photo so I had him (a non guitar player) reassemble it and bring it up to take the pictures. Again, it's not the saddle.
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Medal
Nat'l Defense Svc Metal

Lloyd LaPlant Hand Made Acoustic 12 fret guitar
Fishman Undersaddle P/U
Fishman Pro EQII Pre-Amp/EQ

Fender American Tele
Ibanez F-Style Mandolins
Hohner Harps
Audio Technica Mic's
asprin bottle slide
Boss pedals

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair