The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 09-15-2012, 02:23 PM

Default Fender Stratocaster - Eric Clapton model with Fender SuperChamp X2 amp

Guys, I'm another acoustic guitar player who mostly plays fingerstyle and is looking to get an electronic guitar. I've tried a few different electric guitars and I'm not a fan of the narrow necks (I'm used to a 1 3/4" neck width at the nut). The most comfortable electric guitar I found so far is the Eric Clapton model Stratocaster.

My local guitar store (which I've had very good experiences with) is recommending the Fender SuperChamp X2 amp to go with it.

Is this a good combination for playing rock and blues? Are there any others I should check out?
Old 09-16-2012, 08:04 AM

Excellent recommendation, IMHO.

If the guitar fits and you like it, the X2 is a great small amp and will provide a lot of fun.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:22 PM

The Superchamp is one heck of a little amp. I love my Superchamp XD. I only have one amp and it does everything I need without having to buy different peddles.

Never played the Clapton model, but I'm sure it's a great guitar. You might also want to check out the PRS SE's with the Wide-Fat neck. I also am used to a 1¾" neck and find my PRS SE Semi-Hollow a fantastic guitar to play.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars