The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 07-27-2014, 12:43 AM

Default Building a Martin 00018, Supervised by Michael Sanden

Michael Sanden is Swedens most famous Luthier his guitars are played by many of Swedens top performers. I am halfway through his 12 day Guitar Building Course.

The Internet conncetion here at the guest house I am staying at is quite slow but I managed to upload this video of the Sound Box being tapped by Michale.

Guitar Classes Sanden

click image for video

Here is the neck on, today we will be carving the neck profile and getting the guitars ready for lacquering

Last thing yesterday we glued the fret board to the neck and this morning we will remove the clamps and start on carving the neck profile. Its a very exciting stage of the process as it is the opportunity to get the neck to feel just right for onesī own tastes I am still very excited and watched back the first 3 days video last night we have covered a lot of ground very quickly the video will be a huge help if I ever make another acoustic guitar , it is a really rewarding process a reaaly focused almost out of body experience.

Ready for today

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair