The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 07:50 PM

Classy and cool...

Bruce AND the kid...
Old 02-20-2017, 08:06 PM
Charter Member

Okay, that was really cool, but now you've got me stuck on watching a bunch of youtube videos of Springsteen! I'll never get anything done tonight!
Martin J-40 Adi custom 2018
Martin OM-28 Adi Gruhn Special
McPherson Sable
Fender American Professional II Telecaster
Fender American Professional II Stratocaster
Northfield Big Mon Engleman top
Northfield Big Mon Adirondack top
Companion custom woody banjo
Fender '68 custom Vibro Champ Reverb amp
Old 02-20-2017, 08:07 PM

Thanks for sharing. I was having a rough day and that brought a smile to me.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:15 PM
Charter Member

Loved it. I read where he had the same kid up on stage singing with him when he was in AU 4 years ago!

I was lucky to get turned on to him by a friend in early 1977. I was not excited about going to the concert as all I knew was Born to Run on the radio, and was more than sick of it. I hate to use the phrase "religious experience," but those of you who have seen him live know what I mean. I was an immediate "convert" and have been fortunate to see him dozens of times since. It don't get old. And as someone said, he is an amazing songwriter. There is tons of stuff he didn't have room to release at the time it was recorded, and he gets covered by an incredible variety of acts. Almost everybody loves Bruce, he is the closest thing our generation has to Armstrong, Presley or Sinatra.

My taste in music is much more eclectic than my wife's and kids', but this is one show we are all able to enjoy together. And you sure do get your money's worth!
Old 02-20-2017, 10:54 PM

@rokdog "Keith Urban comes to mind."

I thought its pretty much been proven that Urban manages to have someone at just about every show, of whom it's their birthday or some such, come up and play. And that they're all set up ahead of time.

Not that I'm accusing Bruce of something like this, but who brings a guitar to a concert? Just happens to be in tune and know the song they're going to do?

Still cool to see!!
Old 02-21-2017, 01:20 AM

Hi

Seen Springsteen a few times and always enjoyed the shows, including the Seager sessions tour which was a bit different.

One thing that I gave always wondered, and this is the place to ask it - how good a guitarist is he?

I have always viewed him as a rhythm player, but a biography that I am currently reading states that in the 60's he was the lead guitarist in bands and how at one venue he got up on stage on his own, plugged in his Les Paul and started realing off licks resulting in the owner of the club telling people that his playing was like Clapton's!

Have never seen this in any of the live shows that I have been too, and so clearly ignorantly, I assumed he was not a top notch lead player.

Rich
Old 02-21-2017, 04:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybones View Post

I thought its pretty much been proven that Urban manages to have someone at just about every show, of whom it's their birthday or some such, come up and play. And that they're all set up ahead of time.

Not that I'm accusing Bruce of something like this, but who brings a guitar to a concert? Just happens to be in tune and know the song they're going to do?

Still cool to see!!
A tech handed the kid a guitar. Kid had a sign asking to play this song.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:51 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronfield View Post
Hi

Seen Springsteen a few times and always enjoyed the shows, including the Seager sessions tour which was a bit different.

One thing that I gave always wondered, and this is the place to ask it - how good a guitarist is he?

I have always viewed him as a rhythm player, but a biography that I am currently reading states that in the 60's he was the lead guitarist in bands and how at one venue he got up on stage on his own, plugged in his Les Paul and started realing off licks resulting in the owner of the club telling people that his playing was like Clapton's!

Have never seen this in any of the live shows that I have been too, and so clearly ignorantly, I assumed he was not a top notch lead player.

Rich
He plays most of the lead solos in concert and on his recordings, despite having Nils Lofgren standing next to him.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteD View Post
Nope, don't gotta love him, .... I have zero use for him

Taylor 514ce FLTD, Sitka/Tasmanian Blackwood from Ted at LA Guitar Sales
Taylor 618e 1st Edition, Sitka/maple (2015)
Taylor 814ce, Sitka/Rosewood (2014)
Taylor 526ce, all Mahogany (2014)
Baby Taylor, mahogany (2014)
Taylor 210ce (2014) (on consignment)
PRS S2 Custom semi-hollow body
Fender Blacktop Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro 120th
Gibson SG Classic 120th
Old 02-21-2017, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybones View Post

Still cool to see!!
Yeah, the cynic in me wondered if this wasn't a brilliant piece of marketing. The occasion just works so well, and Bruce comes out of it looking so good. But who knows? Life is funnier than poop, as they say!
Old 02-21-2017, 07:10 AM

Awesome ! With a few exceptions, how many of us wished it happen to us. Bruce is still one of the few who does 3 hour shows. Long live the BOSS !
13 Fret Charis SJ
Martin D-41
Halcyon 12 Fret 000
A&L Ami
McIlroy A30c
Taylor 610 LTD
Martin DCPA1
Seagull Original
Gretsch White Falcon
Epi LP 60's Tribute Plus (Ebony)
Epi LP 60's Tribute Plus (HC Burst)
Epi Swingster Royale
Gibson LP Trad Pro II
Godin Exit 22
Old 02-21-2017, 07:11 AM
Charter Member

That's great! Hard not to smile all the way through it. Quite the performer... I'd love to see Bruce live.

Kinda like when he pulled Courtney Cox out of the audience for the "Dancing In the Dark" video. I think that was his first big video with MTV...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=129kuDCQtHs
Old 02-21-2017, 07:13 AM

We Bruce-heads use to say that people are divided into two categories: those who like Springsteen, and those who've never seen him playin' live...
Old 02-21-2017, 07:42 AM
Guest4562

Quote:
Originally Posted by sled View Post
Nope, don't gotta love him, .... I have zero use for him
You might catch some flak here for having that view, but I'm with you 100%.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:46 AM

Default Thanks PeteD

Great posting PeteD

Brought a smile to my face

Thanks
mike
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion