The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 02-11-2017, 09:55 PM

Default Prudencio Saez Classical Guitar

Is a Prudencio Saez model G3 a good guitar for learning to play classical guitar? Is $275.00 US a fair price to pay for a used one? The ad says the price is firm.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:34 AM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar george View Post
Is a Prudencio Saez model G3 a good guitar for learning to play classical guitar? Is $275.00 US a fair price to pay for a used one? The ad says the price is firm.
They go for maybe $500 new, so if it's in perfect or near perfect condition and comes with a case, that seems like a pretty good price. These are all-solid entry-level guitars, so good enough for someone starting out, definitely should last a few years until you know how serious a player you want to be, then you'd want to upgrade. I played a few guitars from Prudencio Saez last time I was in Spain, I was impressed with their quality given the lower price range. My main concern would be making sure the guitar you're looking at is in perfect condition - make sure the bridge isn't lifting, the body isn't warped either side of the bridge, and the neck profile/curvature is consistent. Assuming you're not an expert guitarist, can you get someone who plays to come along and check it out?
Old 02-12-2017, 10:19 AM

Thanks dosland. I do know a bit about guitars, but, mostly only steel string models, and as my name implies, I am mostly a strummer. This guitar seems to be in very good/excellent condition, so, I think I will buy it. I hear the name "Spanish Guitar" quite often when referring to a classical guitar, so, I thought a "made in Spain" would be the way to go for this guitar.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Thanks dosland. I do know a bit about guitars, but, mostly only steel string models, and as my name implies, I am mostly a strummer.
Not a "strummer" surely? Remember, Guitar George knows ALL the chords...
We rhythm guitarists must stick together. You are "an Accompanist".
Sorry, a bit off-subject...
Old 02-12-2017, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Thanks dosland. I do know a bit about guitars, but, mostly only steel string models, and as my name implies, I am mostly a strummer. This guitar seems to be in very good/excellent condition, so, I think I will buy it. I hear the name "Spanish Guitar" quite often when referring to a classical guitar, so, I thought a "made in Spain" would be the way to go for this guitar.
Then my only warning is to make sure the bridge hasn't started to lift at all - in my (unfortunate) experience, a factory-made Spanish classical guitar that hasn't been kept in the appropriate conditions may experience evil bridge-lift. Turns out to be a sort of inexpensive fix to remove and re-set the bridge, if it is starting to go, but you don't really want to come home to find that the bridge has blown off along with some of the top wood... If you decide not to take it, and they'll ship to New Zealand for nothing, pm me a link so I can check it out
Old 02-12-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosland View Post
If you decide not to take it, and they'll ship to New Zealand for nothing, pm me a link so I can check it out
I decided to buy it as my one and only classical guitar! It's a beauty.

Does anyone ship guitars to New Zealand for nothing?
Old 02-12-2017, 04:08 PM

Only people pretending to sell stuff so they can collect your money and move on to the next sucker. Oh, and aliexpress, probably. Those guys will send anything anywhere for free. I doubt that they are selling any all-solid Spanish-made guitars right now, though...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical