The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-17-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Mike Sullivan questioned his team's mindset entering the game. Said the coaching staff was going to review the players preparation particulars. I thought something was wrong when the Pens had about half a dozen icing calls in the first ten minutes of the game. They just seemed off their game. To Washington's credit they jumped on the Pens mistakes like a hungry dog on a T-bone and never let up. Malkin was especially bad (even high sticking his own goalie forcing Murray from the game), Letang wasn't much better, and for the most part Crosby was trying to make plays without much help from anyone else. An old fashioned beat down of the Pens by the Caps. I found it pretty painful to watch especially how they provided Fleury (who came into the game after Murray was injured) with almost no protection defensively. Ouch!!
I wonder if they had a team event that ended up with a late night, especially given that the coach noticed before the game that his players seemed off. A few too many beers (at least that would have been the excuse in the '70s and '80s, not sure now though).
Old 11-19-2016, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I wonder if they had a team event that ended up with a late night, especially given that the coach noticed before the game that his players seemed off. A few too many beers (at least that would have been the excuse in the '70s and '80s, not sure now though).
Whew! It was a relief to watch the Pens beat the Isles last night 3-2 in OT. Apparently the coaching staff and players got things straightened out after the Washington debacle. Pens dominated the game and could easily have had 2 or 3 more goals but for Halak making some outstanding saves for the Islanders. Crosby with a goal and assist not to mention being all over the ice every shift. Letang rebounded with the winning goal in OT, and Malkin didn't maim any of his own teammates

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 11-19-2016, 05:59 AM
Charter Member

Former boss was like best friends with Lindy Ruff, when he moved to Dallas he switched his tix to there, since Lindy is now with the Stars, so he passed these tix on. I get a turn at them tonight so the whole family is going to the Sabres vs Pens. Son loves the Pens so he will be the one wearing a Pens jersey right behind the Sabres bench.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240

Last edited by fazool; 11-19-2016 at 10:15 AM.
Old 11-19-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Whew! It was a relief to watch the Pens beat the Isles last night 3-2 in OT. Apparently the coaching staff and players got things straightened out after the Washington debacle. Pens dominated the game and could easily have had 2 or 3 more goals but for Halak making some outstanding saves for the Islanders. Crosby with a goal and assist not to mention being all over the ice every shift. Letang rebounded with the winning goal in OT, and Malkin didn't maim any of his own teammates
Cat, I watched most of the first period. Sadly, I missed Crosby's goal. I had gone upstairs to get a drink (of water). Crosby's having an amazing year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
Former boss was like best friends with Lindy Ruff, when he moved to Dallas he switched his tix to there, since Lindy is now with the Stars, so he passed these tix on. I get a turn at them tonight so the whole fmaily is going to the Sabres vs Pens. Son loves the Pens so he will be the one wearing a Pens jersey right behind the Sabres bench.
You're going to tonight's game? Cool! Sabres are having a tough time and they have some big injuries too which isn't helping. Let us know how it goes. Take a pic if you can.
Old 11-19-2016, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Former boss was like best friends with Lindy Ruff, when he moved to Dallas he switched his tix to there, since Lindy is now with the Stars, so he passed these tix on. I get a turn at them tonight so the whole family is going to the Sabres vs Pens. Son loves the Pens so he will be the one wearing a Pens jersey right behind the Sabres bench.
Very cool! Sounds like you'll have great seats. My wife and I will be tuned into the game so we'll be looking for your son wearing the Pens gear. Enjoy!!

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 11-19-2016, 11:23 AM

Looks like the Oilers have returned to their regular ways...
Old 11-19-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagobert View Post
Looks like the Oilers have returned to their regular ways...
Yea, that's a shame after such a strong start. McDavid's cooled down a little too. I think the team can turn it around though and maybe even squeak into the playoffs this year.
Old 11-19-2016, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Yea, that's a shame after such a strong start. McDavid's cooled down a little too. I think the team can turn it around though and maybe even squeak into the playoffs this year.
Nah...they'll blow a tire here soon. Looks like another "rebuilding" season.
Old 11-19-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagobert View Post
Nah...they'll blow a tire here soon. Looks like another "rebuilding" season.
It may be another 'rebuilding' season but with McDavid there's a lot more hope. How's the goaltending and defense working out for the future? Hopefully that's being addressed. Where abouts do you live? "Texa"? Texas?

I've never been a Leafs' fan but I am exciting about the way they're rebuilding with Babcock. I think they may be the next Canadian team to win the Stanley Cup, but not for 3-4 years.
Old 11-19-2016, 09:50 PM
Charter Member

We got outplayed by the Pens but won anyway!

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 11-20-2016, 06:05 AM

Quote:
We had 4 different games on tv here last night but they all included Canadian teams so I watched the first period of the Bruins/Jets game.

So cool that you got to see an OT game and Crosby scored a goal too.
Old 11-20-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
It was a really good game. How about those goaltenders? Magnifique!! Looked for you behind the Sabres bench but the Pittsburgh TV feed didn't give us much of a look at that section.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 11-20-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
I have to admit that I don't follow the Sabres but was wondering: how's Bylsma working out as a coach for you guys?
Old 11-24-2016, 08:43 AM

Rangers vs Pens rematch last night at MSG went well for the Pens. It appears that Pens coach Mike Sullivan's practice on Tuesday (after the 5-2 beating the Rangers handed the Pens on Monday night) addressing a strategy to counter the Rangers tactics was successful as reflected in a dominating 6-1 victory for the Pens. The Pens chased Lundqvist from the game and scored 5 unanswered goals against the Rangers in the second period. In the third period the Rangers didn't get a shot on goal until there was less than 4 minutes left in the game!

Crosby with 2 goals and an assist in the game now leads the NHL in goal scoring with 14 and has moved into the top 10 in points. He's played in only 14 games this season. He's amazing!

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 11-24-2016, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Rangers vs Pens rematch last night at MSG went well for the Pens. It appears that Pens coach Mike Sullivan's practice on Tuesday (after the 5-2 beating the Rangers handed the Pens on Monday night) addressing a strategy to counter the Rangers tactics was successful as reflected in a dominating 6-1 victory for the Pens. The Pens chased Lundqvist from the game and scored 5 unanswered goals against the Rangers in the second period. In the third period the Rangers didn't get a shot on goal until there was less than 4 minutes left in the game!

Crosby with 2 goals and an assist in the game now leads the NHL in goal scoring with 14 and has moved into the top 10 in points. He's played in only 14 games this season. He's amazing!
What's most surprising about Crosby this year is the lack of assists but he's more than making up with the goals. He also leads the league in points per game, just a smidgen above Connor McDavid.

The only other player at Crosby's level right now is Carey Price.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic