The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 02-16-2017, 09:45 AM

Let's hope Crosby isn't waiting for Sedin .

I wonder what Vancouver will do with the Sedin twins when their contract expires at the end of next season. I can't see Vancouver signing them at $7M a year again given their age but if the brothers want to play together they'll need to take a hometown discount. I think Vancouver is getting close to the point where they need some new blood.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:07 AM

Congrats to Sid! He picks up his 1,000 NHL point in the first period of the Pens game versus the Jets setting up a Chris Kunitz goal. He also manages another assist and scores the game winning goal in OT for a 4-3 Pens victory.

On the downside the Pens lose two D-men, Schultz and Maatta, in the second period to injuries that looked to be significant. Ugh.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 02-17-2017, 06:08 AM

Heard it on the radio on the way in to work. Gad, he's still only 29 AND missed nearly 2 full seasons to injury. Seems like he's been around forever.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Congrats to Sid! He picks up his 1,000 NHL point in the first period of the Pens game versus the Jets setting up a Chris Kunitz goal. He also manages another assist and scores the game winning goal in OT for a 4-3 Pens victory.

On the downside the Pens lose two D-men, Schultz and Maatta, in the second period to injuries that looked to be significant. Ugh.
Yeah, it looks like Geno decided to make a statement regarding that downside.

On a bittersweet note, rumor has it that last night was Fleury's last start at home as a Penguin. He had a good night last night, relatively speaking. He still deserves more time in the net. I'm going to miss him.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwakatak View Post
Yeah, it looks like Geno decided to make a statement regarding that downside.

On a bittersweet note, rumor has it that last night was Fleury's last start at home as a Penguin. He had a good night last night, relatively speaking. He still deserves more time in the net. I'm going to miss him.
kwak- I'm with you concerning Fleury. He made some incredible saves last night to keep the game close (Byfuglien's wrap around goal being the exception). By all accounts he's a great guy and popular teammate. I too will miss him. Hope he ends up in a good place.

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 02-17-2017, 09:45 AM

Congrats Sid!!!

The best hockey player in the world.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
kwak- I'm with you concerning Fleury. He made some incredible saves last night to keep the game close (Byfuglien's wrap around goal being the exception). By all accounts he's a great guy and popular teammate. I too will miss him. Hope he ends up in a good place.
Marc Andre was certainly quite subdued in the post game interviews. Given that they're now down to 4 defensemen because of the injuries suffered last night to Maata (who had surgery to his broken and today and will be out 6 weeks) and (IIRC) Schulz I imagine that Rutherford may be shopping Fleury more aggressively in order to get more D on the roster.
Old 02-18-2017, 03:18 PM

It's Hockey Day in Canada today. Some great viewing on tv all day long and great stories told too.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:22 AM

Bruce Cassidy is now 4-0 since taking over for Claude. It's too bad they waited so long to pull the trigger, because it's going to take a very torrid finish just to make the playoffs.

Normally I'd be pulling for Claude, but he blew it by rejoining the Canadians. I'd love to see the B's pass them by in the home stretch.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:14 PM

The final stretch for the playoff run is getting exciting. How about the Crosby/McDavid show last night?
Old 03-12-2017, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
The final stretch for the playoff run is getting exciting. How about the Crosby/McDavid show last night?
That was a very entertaining game! The pace was exhilarating.

I loved watching McDavid. He seemed to be a force on the ice every shift. Sid hasn't been at his best for a while, and for me it was a bit disappointing to see him be overshadowed by McDavid in the game. I thought Fleury and Talbot were actually the two stars of the game.

The playoff run is heating up alright. The Pens are now only 1 point behind the Capitals for the top spot in the division (and in the league). It's quite remarkable really considering that they've gained ground in their division while Hornqvist, Maatta, Daley, Rust, Cullen, Hagelin, and Letang are all out with injuries.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 03-12-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
That was a very entertaining game! The pace was exhilarating.

I loved watching McDavid. He seemed to be a force on the ice every shift. Sid hasn't been at his best for a while, and for me it was a bit disappointing to see him be overshadowed by McDavid in the game. I thought Fleury and Talbot were actually the two stars of the game.

The playoff run is heating up alright. The Pens are now only 1 point behind the Capitals for the top spot in the division (and in the league). It's quite remarkable really considering that they've gained ground in their division while Hornqvist, Maatta, Daley, Rust, Cullen, Hagelin, and Letang are all out with injuries.
It's going to be interesting as to who ends up with the Hart Trophy this year. I'd give the nod to Crosby now but we'll see what happens over the next few weeks.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:34 AM

Can this be right? The Pens are only a point behind the Caps in the East?
Old 03-13-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Yup! The Pens have also played one less game than the Caps. If the Pens win tonight in Calgary they'll be in first place.

At this time last year Malkin got hurt and everyone figured the Pens would fade. Instead the HBK line was born and the Pens won the Cup. Fast forward to this year and the Pens are dealing with significant injuries to more than 1/3 of their starting lineup, but they're doing nothing but winning. To say the least the Pens are a very resilient team.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 03-13-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Hi Neil ... did you change your username? Were you Kwak... (spl)?

How about those Calgary Flames! The Pens have a game ahead of them if they want to keep the Flames from winning their 9th or 10th game in a row.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic