The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-16-2017, 06:51 PM

Default Capo for Carbon

Hi all, just thought I'd give a heads up on a great Capo I just got, it's a G7 Heritage, fantastic little thing. Self adjusts to whatever radius your fretboard is, I was skeptical but man it works great!
Another benefit is the inside of the arms is vinyl so it won't chafe your neck on wood guitars, very well thought out. Because of the flat radius on my Rainsong 20" I believe my Elliot was at times not cinching down all across unless I am very very careful of placement and I would sometimes get a little buzz.
This Capo adjusts to the flatter radius and instantly clamps all strings with Very little pressure on the screw, very very nicely made and functional piece of equipment. For us fiddle tune and bluegrass guys a real blessing as I use a capo every set and keep it stored on the neck.
Not a cheap item, mine for the wide neck model in stainless was 139.00, I elected to pay an extra 15.00 shipping and had it in 48hrs. from the UK FedEx, great service.
IMO this surpasses the Elliots I have and that's saying something!! Jerry https://www.g7th.com/heritage

Last edited by JerryM; 02-16-2017 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:32 PM

Awesome, Jerry. I've had my Elliott for a dozen years so I'm familiar with the design, and it's outstanding.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:33 PM

I'd very much hope that they would offer the ART with other, more affordable capos.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:33 AM

My favourite is the good old cheap dadarrio NS capo.

The reason I like this design is because I can get the open side as close to the edge of the high E string, so that the capo has zero interference with my fretting hand in some positions.
I play: Acoustic blues & folk
Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/sirwhale28/videos

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber