The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-26-2017, 08:09 PM

Thinking of you and your family AmericanEagle, our family, like virtually every other, has been touched by cancer too. I feel your pain.
Words fail ---
Old 11-26-2017, 08:10 PM

I feel your pain AmericanEagle,as I have also lost family to cancer and I am sorry for your loss.
I watched a video produced by an Oncologist, who claimed that chemo was
not effective in most instances, but was pushed by Dr's in order to receive a substantial kick back from the pharma companies. I believe there is a cure, but money is all power full...
Again I feel your pain...
Old 11-26-2017, 08:11 PM

I'm so sorry, wishing strength to you and your family.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:23 PM

Location: Nowhere man please listen you don't know what you're missing

Sorry to hear of your loss AE, I've been there too.

My mother, my father, my step father, both grandmothers, several uncles on both sides of the family, a cousin when he was just 12, my eldest brother.....all gone to cancer. I have one surviving brother. Both of us are cancer survivors.....so far. I hate that disease.

Last edited by Kerbie; 11-26-2017 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Removed masked profanity
Old 11-26-2017, 09:09 PM

Sorry to hear about your impending loss, and previous losses, AE.

You are not alone...most have lost someone they love to cancer, many have faced multiple losses. For me, both parents, one aunt, and one of my grandmothers.

I don't know if the other forms of death are necessarily better. Any time there is pain, or lingering decline debility, that tends to make it harder to witness.

Hoping that things go as well as they can from this point...
Old 11-26-2017, 09:14 PM

I have also felt the sting of cancer and death and understand .
I have always known that we all die . I believe that how we live is far more important than how or when the end comes .
I made my peace when I started racing . That was a long time ago . I have no doubt that so many that I encounter will never understand .
Live before you die .
Old 11-26-2017, 11:33 PM

On July 26, 2016 I lost my wonderful mother to cancer. She fought to the end and kept her spirit high. I learned so much from her even into her last day. She was only 65.

I hear you AE. You are not alone.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:48 AM
Charter Member

AE, I'm very sorry for your imminent loss. Cancer has touched nearly everyone in some form. I hope for a day when we can find a cure.
Old 11-27-2017, 05:02 AM
Charter Member

I was diagnosed with throat cancer this time last year. They told me onthec5th of January.
My treatment started on the 10th April and finished on the 19th of May - Radio and a form of Chemo.
Yesterday my wife and I sat down to review the answers in a multi page survey they've sent me about my treatment. The after effects of the treatment have been and still are pretty appalling.

They have a team of client care nurses who are all wonderful but one of them said that the NHS anticipates that 50% of the population will have cancer of some sort.
Is this more than in the past ? Or is it diagnosed better.

Surely lifestyle (health abuse - smoking, drinking, junk food etc) must contribute somewhat) and living/working conditions as well, but no one seems to die of "natural causes" any more.

I remember hearing on a nature programme that the majority of high order predators (Lions, Tigers etc., die from cancers, so maybe it is a natural part of our "end of life" programing.

I lost my Mum aged 57 of a cancer that is curable now, and the earlier methods of treating my cancer were described to me as an option were unspeakable.

I lost my best friend to cancer just as he retired, no two best friends.We had such plans.

A lovely lady friend of mine that retired from psychiatric nursing has suddenly been struck with pancreatic cancer. Someone who spent their life dedicated to others - it seems unfair, but who said life was .... unfair.

Cancer research is finding better ways to treat and refine recovery, but cancer means pain and loss of abilities and friends. I don't think it will ever be eradicated, but it might be better treated and "managed".

Another frind who is neither a good singer nor guitarist has start coming to my clib again. He has Parkinsons.
His hands don't always do what he expects, but he says "every morning that I wake up the (insert expletive of choice) hasn't got me yet!".

We were not evolved to live past procreation anyway so every day past that is a bonus. Enjoy it. cherish it.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:17 PM

Me dear family member, Richard, passed away early this morning. RIP Rich.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:27 PM
Charter Member

I'm sorry, AE... thoughts are still with you.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post

AE, my thoughts and prayers are with you and all that shared a love for Richard.
Peace for all!

My site: Personal Blog

Yamaha LL16R-12 L Series A.R.E.
Yamaha FG-75
Fender CF 60 CE
Ibanez AF75TDG
Epiphone Les Paul Std PlusPRO
Eastman MB515 Mando
Yamaha YPT230 Keyboard
Old 11-27-2017, 01:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Words sometimes are a meager means of communication ? Sorry for your loss is about all one can say.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1

Last edited by KevWind; 11-27-2017 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-27-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
My condolences.

To all the other comments, this is tough stuff indeed. Two weeks ago today was what I hope was my last time and end of 3 years taking my wife to the cancer center and places related. Someone in my circle of outdoors pals was pronounced terminally ill last year and we know most of his presence being social media only is not good.

There's so much other baggage with it. A hospital mistake nearly killed my wife during all this yet one of her surgeons and many nurses proved themselves as extraordinary special people. All the unspoken times with 3 scared kids and life going on. I sure hope that's passed now, and wish the best for those who've been or are going through it.

One lesson I did see often and maybe showed when I was (or am) ornery to complainers here. I saw many people including my wife who really did have reasons to not smile, to be angry, and to not be going full throttle but they took the high road. One night going back to the cancer center between dinner with kids and bed time an incredibly ill and clearly in pain woman looked up and smiled. I re-learned the same lesson my mom taught when my dad died young. Put on a smile and get to work.

Again, my condolences.

Old 11-27-2017, 01:26 PM

If it wasn’t for the fantastic advances in new medicines and also new ways of using existing medicines I wouldn’t be here now!
Stage 4 Prostate cancer diagnosed 3 years ago, I will never be in remission, but doing fine for the mo’. 👍

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic