The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 11-21-2017, 02:22 PM
justonwo's Avatar
justonwo justonwo is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,763
Default

Mike, I bet that 00 is amazing. John told me he just got a chance to play this 000 since selling it and he thought it was pretty tasty. Of course, the jury is biased.

Your 00 is so simple and elegant. Very tasteful.

This 000-12 just stood out as one of my all time favorite guitars. Incredibly sweet, incredibly loud, and tons of headroom. It was magical.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-21-2017, 03:21 PM
Jamiejoon Jamiejoon is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: San Rafael, CA
Posts: 112
Default

I wonder if John Slobod knows that his website isn't working...Want to check out his prices, etc, but cannot.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-21-2017, 06:49 PM
justonwo's Avatar
justonwo justonwo is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiejoon View Post
I wonder if John Slobod knows that his website isn't working...Want to check out his prices, etc, but cannot.
John said the old lamp the powers his server ran out of oil. He hasnít really kept his site up to date for the 9 years Iíve known him. Probably best to just email or call him.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-22-2017, 09:44 PM
Jamiejoon Jamiejoon is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: San Rafael, CA
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justonwo View Post
John said the old lamp the powers his server ran out of oil. He hasnít really kept his site up to date for the 9 years Iíve known him. Probably best to just email or call him.
Haha. I like that. I will try to track him down.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-22-2017, 10:17 PM
justonwo's Avatar
justonwo justonwo is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiejoon View Post
Haha. I like that. I will try to track him down.
Oh, and you're pretty close to me, by the way. If you want to try out my OM, we should meet up.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-22-2017, 11:57 PM
Mr Fingers Mr Fingers is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 809
Default

Though I would (much) rather have mahogany than maple, that is a perfect guitar. I wish more builders bound their fretboards. Open slots and fret ends... weird to leave that part of a build exposed. That binding -- and every aspect of this build -- looks beautiful in and of itself. Who needs freaking sea creature shells added?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-23-2017, 12:31 AM
gitarro gitarro is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,044
Default

Speaking about slobod's wood bindings, what is even more impressive to me is that they are bookmatched! I first noticed this in a circa which was posted on AGF and where this was pointed out and when i checked my own circa, i found that was true as well for mine. That kind of attention to detail is rarely found.
__________________
Brunner Outdoor Guitar
Somogyi Modified Dreadnought
Circa OM42 Deluxe
Ryan Nightingale
Goodall RGCC

PRS 513 Rosewood
Worker Bee Bass
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-23-2017, 10:50 AM
JoeCharter JoeCharter is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fingers View Post
Though I would (much) rather have mahogany than maple, that is a perfect guitar. I wish more builders bound their fretboards. Open slots and fret ends... weird to leave that part of a build exposed. That binding -- and every aspect of this build -- looks beautiful in and of itself. Who needs freaking sea creature shells added?
Most builders will bind the fretboard if you ask them to and if it's a good fit with the model that you're commissioning.
__________________
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

* My YouTube Channel * My Facebook Page *
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-25-2017, 09:31 AM
justonwo's Avatar
justonwo justonwo is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitarro View Post
Speaking about slobod's wood bindings, what is even more impressive to me is that they are bookmatched! I first noticed this in a circa which was posted on AGF and where this was pointed out and when i checked my own circa, i found that was true as well for mine. That kind of attention to detail is rarely found.
Yes, heís a real stickler for details. Iím sure that comes through in spades on your 42.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-25-2017, 11:35 AM
gitarro gitarro is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justonwo View Post
Yes, he’s a real stickler for details. I’m sure that comes through in spades on your 42.
Absolutely - i have seen in person and on the internet quite a few guitars with amazing levels of cleanness of workmanship and fit and finish and the Circa is still the best i have ever seen. And it is responsive like quite nothing else i have played either!
__________________
Brunner Outdoor Guitar
Somogyi Modified Dreadnought
Circa OM42 Deluxe
Ryan Nightingale
Goodall RGCC

PRS 513 Rosewood
Worker Bee Bass
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-25-2017, 11:46 AM
justonwo's Avatar
justonwo justonwo is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,763
Default

Johnís guitars really are the cream of the crop. He also happens to have some exquisite adi spruce.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=