The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 09-17-2014, 04:52 PM

Default How to get .wav plug-ins into Logic??

I found a site with a bunch of free plug-in downloads that are pretty cool, but all of the sounds are in .wav. For example there was a drum kit I downloaded and it was all just separate audio files, like a .wav file for a snare, kick, etc. Probably pretty simple but I cant figure it out and couldn't find anything helpful on Google, how do I get these to work/show up in Logic Pro?
Old 09-17-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam-v View Post
I found a site with a bunch of free plug-in downloads that are pretty cool, but all of the sounds are in .wav. For example there was a drum kit I downloaded and it was all just separate audio files, like a .wav file for a snare, kick, etc. Probably pretty simple but I cant figure it out and couldn't find anything helpful on Google, how do I get these to work/show up in Logic Pro?
.wav files can (and often are) a component of a DAW plug-in. They are however not he plug-in. Since you mention you have a .wav for a snare and kick I'm assuming it's some kind of Drum Kit plug-in or perhaps even a sampler. Having this info might help solve your issues.

Usually in this case proper installation of the plug-in itself extracts .wav forms automatically and nests them where code requires.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post
.wav files can (and often are) a component of a DAW plug-in. They are however not he plug-in. Since you mention you have a .wav for a snare and kick I'm assuming it's some kind of Drum Kit plug-in or perhaps even a sampler. Having this info might help solve your issues.

Usually in this case proper installation of the plug-in itself extracts .wav forms automatically and nests them where code requires.
It seems like the downloads were just files with those .wav files in them? That's why it's kind of confusing...
Old 09-18-2014, 01:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam-v View Post
It seems like the downloads were just files with those .wav files in them? That's why it's kind of confusing...
Are these samples of a drum kit?
I don't use logic but.
If your wanting to use them as samples for midi ? If so you would need to load them in the logic sampler the EX24 I believe, then map to a midi keyboard

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 09-18-2014, 05:15 PM

since you have individual components--snare, kick, etc., probably the easiest way to use these is to create a new file and zoom into the timeline. then, you may want to import, let's say, the kick and place it on bar 1 and 3. you MAY be able to drag and drop it but, if you use 24bit in your file and the drum components are 16, you MAY have a problem. then you can import or drag the snare and place it on bars 2 and 4. you can change your placement if you have something else in mind. drag or import the rest of the components and place them. you can continue from there to either copy the 4 bar drum as far as you want, or, create different patterns and copy as you wish.

hope this helps.

play music!

2014 Martin 00015M
2009 Martin 0015M
2008 Martin HD28
2007 Martin 000-18GE
2006 Taylor 712
2006 Fender Parlor GDP100
1978 Fender F65
1968 Gibson B25-12N
Various Electrics

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD