The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

View Poll Results: Which one do you like the most?
Cocobolo 43 37.07%
Madagascar Rosewood 73 62.93%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2012, 04:34 PM

Both. One of the best sounding guitars I've ever played was a Froggy Bottom Madagascar Rosewood/Adirondack H-14, and I've a McAlister Madagascar/European Spruce C-12 on order. And every Webber Cocobolo/Englemann OM I've every played (6-7 pf them) has been a hit out of the park.

Of course, the builders might have a wee bit to do with it.

TW
Old 06-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Judging them on the merits as tonewood without the obvious ecological concerns, it is Madagascar Rosewood for me. Lush and clear resonance. Top notch as a tonewood.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:51 AM

I doubt that the difference between them would be greater than the difference between the builders you might choose.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Cocobologist

Long time Coco fan here. Bell like tonal qualities, pairs wonderfully with Engelmann or Sitka. Madi sounds fine, but I wholeheartedly support the protection of what's left of the Madagascar forests.

| '02 814c Custom (Coco/Sitka) | '03 912ce Custom (Coco/Engelmann)| '06 K65ce | '17 J45 Std. | '10 Breedlove Revival OM DLX (EIR/Adi) | Lots of electrics...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion