The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-19-2010, 08:39 PM

Default T5 must-have accessories, let's hear 'em

As per the subject line, what are the accessories that y'all consider must-haves to go along with the T5?

A/B/Y box? The Taylor one? Are there others that are equally as good or better? Certain Pedals? Modelers? Amps?
String recommendations?
What are you guys using to bring out all the tasty acoustic and electric tones from the T5?
Old 03-20-2010, 03:16 PM

Taylor bone saddle, UST, and hybrid electric/acoustic strings (DR zebra). Oh and detune about half a step down so you can do the electric bendy thing. I really don't like the T5 acoustic tone....but that's just me.

As for the aby...definitely just as good options out there for a lower price. http://www.loop-master.com/ I really like these guys. And definitely a tube amp.

Rainsong WS1000
Taylor "T6" Custom w/added element UST
USA Tele Deluxe
Ibanex SRX-500
Vox AC-15

Korg Pitch Black (2x), Fishman Aura 16, BBE Sonic Stomp, LR Baggs PADI, Boss TU-2, Sansamp Tech21 Bass Driver, Boss GE-7 Bass EQ, MXR Micro Amp, Keely BD-2, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet, Boss DD-20, BBE supacharger

Up next: Empress EQ, Radial J48

Last edited by makikogi; 03-20-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:16 PM

Here's my favorite set-up for my T5:

-- A/B/Y box
-- acoustic amp
-- 'lectric amp

split the signal - run one output to amp - balance the sound of each - and then
plunk yourself right in the middle and enjoy the range of tones you can get from that T5.

fun stuff -- really!

T/P
Old 03-22-2010, 04:56 AM

One other thing, though there are lots of "things" to accompany the T5, I recently went through lots of multi-effects pedals specifically with the T5. I settled on the BOSS ME70. Unlike its little brothers, the ME 50 and ME 20, the effects, and clean amp tones of the ME70 seem to work very well with the T5. I have tried all, including Line 6, DigiTech, VOX Tone Lab, etc. and the simplicity and good clean tone of the ME 70 seems to just work well with the T5 straight into the board, or BOSE or SoloAmp. For stand alone amp simulators, I really like the Tech21 SansAmp "California" model. I also keep the steady-Eddy SansAmp Acoustic DI if I want to fatten things up. I use effects sparingly but want to have the option of throwing some in here and there just to vary guitar tones.
davidc
Old 03-22-2010, 06:34 AM

Quote:
the ME 70 seems to just work well with the T5 straight into the board, or BOSE or SoloAmp
Thanks, dcopper. That's really good to know. I had been wondering how the T5 would work with a multi-effects/modeling board such as the ME-70 or PodXT into a small PA or to the house board. I know there's nothing quite like the tone of a good electric guitar amp, but I was dreading the possibility of adding another large piece of equipment, like an amp, to haul around in order to get some nice electric tones out of the T5.

Makikogi, these look like some great pedals.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:54 PM

I see that Boss also has a new ME-25 pedal. Anyone tried this yet? It looks more simplified than the ME-70. How does it stack up?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification