The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-07-2023, 11:50 AM

This is a multi-purpose board. I use it for solo acoustic, bass, and doubling. For acoustic I'm mostly using the para eq and the ElCap delay. For dobro I'll often use the Harmonious Monk and ElCap. For electric guitar, the Impulse gets used with some Vox cab IRs, then I can use the Belle (Nobels clone) for light breakup, Route 66 for more grind. For bass I'm mostly using the tuner, occasional dirt or chorus depending on the tune and my mood.

“Sometimes science is more art than science…” - Rick Sanchez
Old 08-11-2023, 04:29 AM

Smile

Here's my Gigrig/MIDI driven board.
[IMG]Pedalboard Aug 2023 top by voxbox30, on Flickr[/IMG]

The Gigrig is oversized for what I need, as it's from my electric guitar board. Money no object, I'd get a Gigrig G3 Atom.

The FX and Gigrig are in the Tonedexter Fx loop.Theres one Empress Para EQ for each of two guitars, a Lowden O50C in Cedar/Cocobolo and a Fylde Falstaff/Orsino in Cedar/Claro Walnut.

I'd use a MIDI-controlled EQ to keep things simple, but I haven't found one I like the sound of.

Is anyone else using MIDI? I love that I can hit one button and get the patches I want for each tune.

It would be great if I could change wave maps on the Tonedexter with the Gigrig, but I have to manually do that.
Using the footwitches is a real faff during a performance.
(How about some external control Mr. May? MIDI would be fab!!)

Cheers Colin
Old 08-15-2023, 10:56 AM
Charter Member

Mine is fairly simple. When I do use a pedalboard for acoustic. It has a pair of Peterson Strobostomps', a pair of Mprley Lil' Aligator volume+ pedals, into a Radial Duplex Stereo DI. Two XLR outs into mixer. I pick up reverb and chorus from mixer.
Old 08-15-2023, 01:43 PM

Just built this board with parts from home depot. I just wanted a small back up board...

Old 08-15-2023, 08:12 PM

seeing a run of pics of Empress Para eqs - they are great problem solvers that also sound good.

“Sometimes science is more art than science…” - Rick Sanchez
Old 08-16-2023, 02:08 PM

Mine is still small, but has evolved since the last time I posted it in this thread

IMG_8264.jpg

And this is my vocal pedalboard:

IMG_8707.jpg
Old 08-16-2023, 03:35 PM

Looks Great Aaronmarkson

What is(are) the main goal(s) for Fishman pedal since you have full EQ power with the source audio?
  • FX loop
  • Mute?
  • Tuner?
  • Compressor?
  • Boost?
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/
Old 08-16-2023, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuki79 View Post
Looks Great Aaronmarkson

What is(are) the main goal(s) for Fishman pedal since you have full EQ power with the source audio?

• FX loop
  • Mute?
  • Tuner?
  • Compressor?
  • Boost?

Main goals are to have a DI with an easy way to make simple eq adjustments based on the venue I’m in and if I’m playing solo or with a band. I use the compressor all the time and the mute and boost as needed. FX loop allows me to put the reverb in the signal depending on the setting.

I have 3 different guitars with 3 different pickups. I set up 3 presets on the source audio to eq each pickup to my liking and adjust the output level so that they are all sending the same level signal to the fishman. I don’t make any adjustments to the source audio in real time.

It’s overkill, but really allows me to have a very consistently good sound with very little effort.
Old 08-17-2023, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmarkson View Post
Main goals are to have a DI with an easy way to make simple eq adjustments based on the venue I’m in and if I’m playing solo or with a band. I use the compressor all the time and the mute and boost as needed. FX loop allows me to put the reverb in the signal depending on the setting.

I have 3 different guitars with 3 different pickups. I set up 3 presets on the source audio to eq each pickup to my liking and adjust the output level so that they are all sending the same level signal to the fishman. I don’t make any adjustments to the source audio in real time.

It’s overkill, but really allows me to have a very consistently good sound with very little effort.
Thanks, love the simplicity of your pedalboard. The vocal pedalboard seems super complex in comparison.
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Old 08-18-2023, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Thanks, love the simplicity of your pedalboard. The vocal pedalboard seems super complex in comparison.

While the vocal board is extremely powerful, it is actually quite simple in practice.

The Zorg Blow is a preamp for dynamic or condenser mics with a 1/4” effect loop for guitar pedals. The footswitch is set to bypass the effect loop (can be set as a master mute)

From there I use the empress for eq and the LAB for compression. The LAB is like a LA-3A in a box. I have these set how I like and don’t generally make any adjustments on the fly.

The reverb at the end of the signal is set to the EMT140 emulation toneprint. I generally find a wet/dry mix that work in the venue I’m in and just leave it.

The Deco is the pedal I turn on and off as needed. One side for some warmth/saturation and the other is set up as a double tracker. I use both very subtly.
Old 08-18-2023, 09:41 AM

My pedal board is simple
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1939.jpg (48.1 KB, 139 views)

come to one of our shows just east of Atlanta!
http://mikeandkayte.com
Old 08-18-2023, 01:23 PM

Quote:
While the vocal board is extremely powerful, it is actually quite simple in practice.

The Zorg Blow is a preamp for dynamic or condenser mics with a 1/4” effect loop for guitar pedals. The footswitch is set to bypass the effect loop (can be set as a master mute)

From there I use the empress for eq and the LAB for compression. The LAB is like a LA-3A in a box. I have these set how I like and don’t generally make any adjustments on the fly.

The reverb at the end of the signal is set to the EMT140 emulation toneprint. I generally find a wet/dry mix that work in the venue I’m in and just leave it.

The Deco is the pedal I turn on and off as needed. One side for some warmth/saturation and the other is set up as a double tracker. I use both very subtly.
wow, I wonder what is the story of this vocal pedalboard... what pedals did you successively bought and sold to finally get there?
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Old 08-19-2023, 06:40 AM

Quote:

So nice to see people using pedals for vocals! I am using, too!

I use the Strymon Deco V2 (the same way you do, but mostly the saturation side) and the Strymon BlueSky V2 both for my vocals and acoustic guitar. I use the send from the SSL SiX to each pedal, and blend the signal back at taste in each channel (for vocal and acoustic).

2005 Martin HD28 with K&K Trinity;
2012 Cordoba C10;
Grace Design Felix 2;
Sennheiser MD441;
DPA 4099 Core;
DPA 4018L;
Bose L1 Compact;
QSC Touchmix 8;
QSC K10.2;
Neumann u87ai;
Neumann KMS105;
Neumann KM184 (matched pair).

http://www.youtube.com/rodrigopandelo
http://www.rodrigopandelo.com
http://www.instagram.com/rodrigopandelo

São Paulo/Brazil
Old 08-20-2023, 05:59 PM

Quote:
wow, I wonder what is the story of this vocal pedalboard... what pedals did you successively bought and sold to finally get there?

The story is I wanted to try and emulate a signal chain I would use in the studio for live use. I tried several of the the tc helicon pedals. They are good, but I was never fully satisfied. Once I found the Zorg, it really unlocked the possibilities and allowed me to find pedals that would allow me a sound and feel that is very close to a studio signal in a live environment.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification