The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 03-16-2017, 09:44 PM

Default photos

Doesn't seem to work, l can't find any URLs (whatever they are). I understand very little of what has been written before me here. It appears to be English, but a dialect I am not very familiar with (tech-speak). I gather that once you do whatever set-up is needed with someone else's web site (Picasso, Flicker...), there are a series of 12-13 steps you then must take. I can't believe all those folks who put pictures up here do all that every time! They are more patient than I am. Where do they get the time?

I maintain several websites and have no problems getting photos on them. For those, I either drag and drop or put them on the desktop and get to them that way.

Fay OM Sinker Redwood/Tiger Myrtle
Sexauer L00 Adk/Magnolia For Sale
Hatcher Jumbo Bearclaw/"Bacon" Padauk
Goodall Jumbo POC/flamed Mahogany
Appollonio 12 POC/Myrtle
MJ Franks Resonator, all Australian Blackwood
Goodman J45 Lutz/fiddleback Mahogany
Blackbird "Lucky 13" - carbon fiber
'31 National Duolian
+ many other stringed instruments.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:17 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Smug mug?

Any advice for using smug mug. I have tried all three of their options with no good results. This has become a very frustrating endeavor for something that is supposedly very easy.
Old 07-10-2017, 04:31 AM

Default Adobe Spark

Last edited by Song; 08-04-2021 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Try Adobe Spark
Old 08-13-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Song View Post

Just delete the red area. The idea is to have your link end in .jpg

https://spark.adobe.com/page/h92Snmm...9763b78e27.jpg?asset_id=7d3e3810-813c-48d9-b76b-92872034b797&img_etag=7a5912bd94a65a3a51b22d888945 6fd1&size=1024
You neglected to mention the most important part of the posting equation for successfully embedding an image here at AGF--You need to place that URL with a .jpg at the end between the following image tags: [IMG][/IMG].

If you do not place that URL that ends in a .jpg between those image tags, you will post ONLY the text URL to the image--not the embedded image itself.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:52 AM

Just discovered that the images I had on Photobucket are no longer visible in forums.
They no longer allow free use of their service so all links to photo's on Photobucket are now broken until one pays for a (expensive) subscription.

Last edited by Stringbuzz; 10-07-2017 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbuzz View Post
Just discovered that the images I had on Photobucket are no longer visible in forums.
They no longer allow free use of their service so all links to photo's on Photobucket are now broken until one pays for a (expensive) subscription.
Along with many others , I switched to Flickr, it’s free, only takes a few minutes to set up. Works fine so far for me.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:57 AM

Do Google Photos not work here?
Old 12-23-2017, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inyo View Post
You're using dropbox. So, try this fix-it. To embed images housed at dropbox, you need to add ?dl=1 at the very end of your public URL
Tried that with this code, embedded between [IMG] and [/IMG]

"https://www.dropbox.com/s/j382gghp1n7ff3r/lowden.jpg?dl=1"

And it doesn't work. Ideas?
Old 12-23-2017, 11:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David MacNeill View Post
Ideas?
Tried the AGF app?
Old 12-23-2017, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Tried the AGF app?
I have the app but would rather not trust TapaTalk with my images. If I publish them on Dropbox I "own" them.
Old 12-24-2017, 03:01 AM
AGF Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by David MacNeill View Post
Tried that with this code, embedded between [IMG] and [/IMG]

"https://www.dropbox.com/s/j382gghp1n7ff3r/lowden.jpg?dl=1"

And it doesn't work. Ideas?
With Dropbox images, it's a bit tricky. There's a workaround here: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Shar...te/td-p/221980

See below for your image:

Old 01-13-2018, 05:23 AM

There's a question in this thread that's never been resolved, and so - could I raise it again please?

Is there any way to resize an image when you're posting, or, more specifically, when replying to a post which contains an image?

The problem is this: suppose John Smith posts one of those superlarge images, and I want to reply to it. If I reply in the normal way, the superlarge image is reproduced pointlessly, taking up a huge space. I could of course delete that image in my reply, but often it would be helpful to retain a small copy of the image for reference in the reply. Is there any kind of [img resize] code that could be inserted to do that? I tried googling the problem, but none of the suggestions I found works. For example:
[img={width}x{height}]{url of image}[/img] doesn't work.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N+1 View Post
There's a question in this thread that's never been resolved, and so - could I raise it again please?

Is there any way to resize an image when you're posting, or, more specifically, when replying to a post which contains an image?

The problem is this: suppose John Smith posts one of those superlarge images, and I want to reply to it. If I reply in the normal way, the superlarge image is reproduced pointlessly, taking up a huge space. I could of course delete that image in my reply, but often it would be helpful to retain a small copy of the image for reference in the reply. Is there any kind of [img resize] code that could be inserted to do that? I tried googling the problem, but none of the suggestions I found works. For example:
[img={width}x{height}]{url of image}[/img] doesn't work.
For registered users, it's probably easiest to download the original image, and then attach it to the reply. Along with doing this, you can edit the image link out of the quoted text. In the quoted text I'd replace the image link with something like [original image link removed - see attachment].

2017 Alvarez Yairi OY70CE - Sugaree
c.1966 Regal Sovereign R235 Jumbo - Old Dollar
2009 Martin 000-15 - Brown Bella
1977 Gibson MK-35 - Apollo
2004 Fender American Stratocaster - The Blue Max
2017 Fender Custom American Telecaster - Brown Sugar
Think Hippie Thoughts...
Old 01-13-2018, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-in-Ohio View Post
For registered users, it's probably easiest to download the original image, and then attach it to the reply. Along with doing this, you can edit the image link out of the quoted text. In the quoted text I'd replace the image link with something like [original image link removed - see attachment].
Many thanks for this, though it drives me to a second question: is it obvious how to attach a file to a post? I can't seem to find an 'attach' button anywhere in the reply panel.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:56 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N+1 View Post
Many thanks for this, though it drives me to a second question: is it obvious how to attach a file to a post? I can't seem to find an 'attach' button anywhere in the reply panel.
One can attach an image using the paperclip button in the write message header. It looks like this:

Once the image is uploaded, I like to insert it inline by re-clicking the paperclip and clicking on the attachment to insert it inline. Below is what that looks like. (If you click to quote, you'll see the image is an attachment)

SP-SM-06.JPG

2017 Alvarez Yairi OY70CE - Sugaree
c.1966 Regal Sovereign R235 Jumbo - Old Dollar
2009 Martin 000-15 - Brown Bella
1977 Gibson MK-35 - Apollo
2004 Fender American Stratocaster - The Blue Max
2017 Fender Custom American Telecaster - Brown Sugar
Think Hippie Thoughts...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic