The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 04-05-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeltrans View Post
Thanks EllaMom. That Three Blind Mice was Bill Piburn. There is a thread in the General part of the forum about a fingerstyle magazine he is starting. It isn't my thread, but I suggest you check out the magazine site. Oh, and the tune I played was Moon River.

Tony
HAHAHA...I mean Moon River. Moons.....Rainbows....they are all up in the sky, aren't they?!?!?!?!

"We are music fingered by the gods." ~ Mark Nepo
Old 04-05-2017, 03:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaMom View Post
HAHAHA...I mean Moon River. Moons.....Rainbows....they are all up in the sky, aren't they?!?!?!?!
Yes they are! i am glad we are just all having fun with this. I just put up my first video for our study group in that thread. That is another that is up in the sky and even up for grabs at this stage.

A friend singer/songwriter asked me to figure out a Youtube video's intro, key, and chords of a song he wants to do, so he can learn it. I took time today to do that, and now still need to get "By the Time I Get To Phoenix" ready for Show and Tell here. busy, busy...

More to follow...

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 04-05-2017, 04:35 PM

Quote:
I don't know what to tell you because I have tried it in both Chrome and whatever Microsoft bundles with Windows 10, and they both work. Whatever Grinning Boy and Glennwillow are using seem to work too.

I do not have access to an Apple product, so I can't verify their browser.

Tony
I am using Windows 10 and Mozilla. Generally I never have a problem. I finally got to view your video by clicking the QUOTE button at the bottom of your post. I saw the url there and copied it, then pasted it in Youtube. Wha-la! There you were. I then also saw your other videos. It's a nice rendition and will be even nicer as you continue to work building it. I was interested that you wrote the notation down to work from. I used to do that and probably still should, but felt it became too tedious and time consuming. I just go by memory now.

Nice sounding guitar too. Is that a 2" or 1&7/8" nut? I ask because it looks like you have very large hands which makes it difficult to quite tell.

Anyway, thanks for posting that. I look forward to hearing others contributions to WUAS group as well.

P.S. it sure does hold one's attention more seeing you play in video rather than just audio. Always nice to be able to associate a name with a face. And nicer to actually see the fingering and chord formations used. Something I can't do not only because I don't have a camera, but also because it would violate the terms of my witness protection contract.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailpicker View Post
I am using Windows 10 and Mozilla. Generally I never have a problem. I finally got to view your video by clicking the QUOTE button at the bottom of your post. I saw the url there and copied it, then pasted it in Youtube. Wha-la! There you were. I then also saw your other videos. It's a nice rendition and will be even nicer as you continue to work building it. I was interested that you wrote the notation down to work from. I used to do that and probably still should, but felt it became too tedious and time consuming. I just go by memory now.

Nice sounding guitar too. Is that a 2" or 1&7/8" nut? I ask because it looks like you have very large hands which makes it difficult to quite tell.

Anyway, thanks for posting that. I look forward to hearing others contributions to WUAS group as well.

P.S. it sure does hold one's attention more seeing you play in video rather than just audio. Always nice to be able to associate a name with a face. And nicer to actually see the fingering and chord formations used. Something I can't do not only because I don't have a camera, but also because it would violate the terms of my witness protection contract.
Nailpicker,

Glad that you got to see the videos. The nut on my classical is 2mm less than 2". That is what really makes this guitar especially a good fit for me - in all dimensions, it seems just a bit smaller than a standard Spanish style classical guitar. As for having large hands, mine seem to be about average.

As for writing down the notation, I only do that once at the beginning to set up a foundation starting point to refer to. I won't be writing down any of what I do with the arrangement as it matures. That way, I won't remember exactly how I did it each time, and it will be therefore necessary to come up with something at least a bit different each time, and even possibly discover a completely different approach. By writing it all down, I would be effectively cutting out all that continuous fun, as well as it becoming too tedious to want to mess with anymore.

Yes, I think a video is good, but so is audio. Cameras are not too expensive these days and can be quite easy to operate. I just press a button to start recording, the same button to stop, and then connect it to my computer, where it just looks like another drive. I then upload the video to YouTube and it is done. If there was any more to it than that, I wouldn't mess with it.

Tony

- Anxiously waiting...
Old 04-05-2017, 07:28 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinning Boy View Post
Hey Kevin,

I just checked out you site. Very cool! I've got one friend in particular I believe would really enjoy your approach and will tell him about it.

Paul
Hey Paul. Thanks so much for checking it out and for telling your friend!!
Old 04-05-2017, 07:30 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks Kevin. I like your site, especially the "10 Myths".

Tony
You are welcome Tony! and I am glad you liked that post!
Old 04-15-2017, 03:37 PM

outstanding Tony!
just saw your posting on the study group thread and led me here.
Love the sound of the nylon strings in good hands - nice!
Old 04-15-2017, 06:58 PM
Charter Member

Congrats on the new guitar, and yes what is better than a NGD post with song. Pretty, skilled, and a pleasure to listen to.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:05 PM
Guest 33123

Beautiful Tony!
Old 04-15-2017, 07:28 PM
Charter Member

Outstanding, Tony... I loved it! Welcome to the S&T and I hope you'll be here a lot. And "Three Blind Mice" is just wonderful. Thanks for putting a smile on my face tonight.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:34 AM

Very nice playing! Your sound is quite nice as well

Brunton, eh?

I will upload videos on a regular basis; enjoy
Old 04-16-2017, 11:19 AM

One of my favorite songs. Very nicely done and the guitar sounds great!
Gamma G-25 Amp (electric)
Old 04-18-2017, 02:26 PM
Charter Member

Thanks everybody for the kind comments!

I appreciate you folks listening to my video. There is so much good music being done around here.

Thanks again,

Tony

- Anxiously waiting...
Old 04-20-2017, 08:45 AM
AGF Administrator

Welcome to Show and Tell. That guitar sounds nice.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell