The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 12-16-2019, 10:26 PM

Default Yamaha Classical Transacoustic

I test drove the Yamaha Classical Transacoustic guitar today. It was a blast. The sound without the special effects was nice, and the reverb and chorus effects were excellent. In addition, the effects amplified the sound significantly. I did not try it plugged in.

The neck does not have an adjustable truss rod but it is a three piece laminate that is very strong and stable. The action is a bit high for my liking but it looks as though the saddle could easily be lowered. I compared it to a similarly priced Godin classical and the Godin had a nicer action.

All in all I was very impressed, especially by the fact that the effects make it louder.

They are definitely worth trying out.

Russ
Old 12-19-2019, 03:05 PM

I have played one as well and it really is amazing and sounds great. Got to hand it to Yamaha for some true innovative out of the box thinking on that - Its really a very strange idea but it sounds great!!
Old 12-19-2019, 06:16 PM

Default What amazes me is...

I test drove a $1500 classical and the Transacoustic sounds way better!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical