The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 10-08-2015, 10:14 AM

Default NGD incoming Mic

Hi all still new here getting a feel for the place and I found this where mics are posted.

Ok so I don't if I'm cheating here but I bought a Monoprice large condenser lollipop multi pattern mic .

This beast weighs in at 2.5 Lbs and it is my first multi pattern mic .
I'm not a pro or well set in cash so I get what sounds good and costs better but not always LOL

Anyway I'm very happy with the performance of this mic and the optional patterns it deffenetly changed my recording options .

In not good saying what or if anything makes it better beyond who I feel it sounds compaired to my Blue spark and MXLV63M .

to It's good the diaphrame is 1.25 I think with out gettin the specs I'll post a link .

the deal comes from being on sale for 149.00 bucks and I feel stongly it is a good deal so I bought another one LOL

ok well I thought I had a pic I guess i do but can't find it what I did find is the poormans demo which I forgot about so I post that if ok
for some reason it won't load the vid so linkage https://youtu.be/6QAtYlwf3rk

Heres the link to Monoprice ...http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

Sorry to say the sale seem to be over and the price is back up to 299.00 Vrs the sale price of 149.00 so now I'm just teasing you very sorry about that but if one signs up for the newsletter or keep checking the site it'll come around again if anyone is interested.

I'm going to shoot for the pencel mics next when there on sale I think it was 50 something for a pair also not bad !

just in case ... no I don't work for them just a dang good product for the little folk

Last edited by Riakstonic; 10-08-2015 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:37 PM

The only physical magazine I still subscribe to is Tape Op. They gave your mic a very good review.
'18 Martin GP-28E
'65 Epiphone Zenith archtop
Old 10-08-2015, 05:11 PM

They might have a vid or hang I think Monoprice has there reveiw video linked but other then mono's own demos not much out there .

It's the biggest diaphragm I've seen 1 1/4 " its big the caps inside this beast take a few seconds to switch modes as they power up from what I understand the inside is stout . It is amazingly built and finished . I think it sounds better then my other two Mics .

It comes with a nice case honestly can't tell if it's aluminum or plastic or both lol also comes with shock mount . Not bad for 150.

Sometimes in recording acoustics it's often more perferable to use different Mics . offsetting the sonic tones of each giving more character to the guitar track wise now this stereo recording just to make sure .

I kind of feel that there not a matched pair though identical builds I feel I can offset by using different modes ... We'll see in a few days I hope
Old 10-08-2015, 07:04 PM

Interesting mic. It would be interesting to know if the "1-1/4" is diaphragm or actual capsule diameter. If it's the diameter of the capsule it would be on par with most other cheap import mics. The other thing is the diaphragm material thickness, which is easily 50% thicker than any of the commonly sold import LDCs. Something doesn't add up when you look at the specs.

Also I'm hoping the mic is better than the MonoPrice bluetooth headphones I purchased last year. They were $60 and lasted as many days before one earpiece fell off. They did replace them, but it makes me wonder about the quality of their other offerings.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:04 PM

Yeah wondered about the what diaphragm was made with but it sounds dang good . Yes not everything from mono is great kind of like Aldi's lol one has to weed through the bad or not so good but they back it up and the good think I have a action cam from them it went bad got a new one and it was sometime after the fact .

I forgot I have a unboxing vid kind of long but you get a better picture of the and I think the capsule . It's a lot bigger then my blue but they show any specs on there site about the diaphragm either .

Anyway here the unboxing vid of the first one lol
http://youtu.be/hWcMLycarVo
Old 10-09-2015, 01:51 PM

She's here and pics may I introduce the twins lol

[IMG][/IMG]

And some pics of the case .

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I'll do a 12 string melody tomorrow with the Mics and try to post if all goes well . Thanks

Last edited by Riakstonic; 10-09-2015 at 01:54 PM. Reason: iPhone inserts it own letters at will !
Old 10-10-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanR View Post
The only physical magazine I still subscribe to is Tape Op. They gave your mic a very good review.
tape op is digital too, if you'd prefer.

play music!

2014 Martin 00015M
2009 Martin 0015M
2008 Martin HD28
2007 Martin 000-18GE
2006 Taylor 712
2006 Fender Parlor GDP100
1978 Fender F65
1968 Gibson B25-12N
Various Electrics

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD