The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 11:39 PM
Charter Member

Default SOLD 2016 Jason Kostal MD Modified Dreadnought Brazilian German Guitar Cutaway

Howdy Folks, up for grabs is my 2016 Jason Kostal MD Cutaway w/ Body Wedge built of German Spruce and Brazilian Rosewood... Black Hoffee w/ Black interior, Brazilian bridge, two tone head plate, decorative end graph, completed July 2016. 1 3/4 nut and 2 1/4 string spacing...

I've played a handful of Kostal guitars over the years, and I can say he totally hit it out of the park with this MD, its 100% my favorite Kostal I've played, and the prettiest... I really like the no toner on the top, such gorgeous spruce and prettiest Brazilian ever... Jason went deep into the stash I'd assume for this build... She's been my main buzz of 2017, an everyday player, I've put a hundred+ hours on her and she's dialed into perfection, settled in very well...

This was one of those guitars that was explosive, bold, and exciting brand new day one... I was hooked right off the bat... and over the last year she's warmed up and gotten more creamy, developed a unique character, more bloom and overtone etc... She's fully primed & ready for a lover!

I'm the second owner, This guitar was custom ordered by a good friend of mine, local buddy, his 2nd Kostal, he already owns an OM... While waiting for this MD to be completed he suffered a surfing injury and under went major surgery, rotator cuff i think... Had to sleep sitting up for like 4 weeks, and could't play for months, Ouch! I was actually the first person to play the guitar, upon arrival he was in a sling... I gave the guitar a major thumbs up, and we both agreed she sounds GLORIOUS! I actually hinted since you only have one arm, I'll just take her off your hands, lol.... The MD sat in her case for a couple months until he could play, and when he could, the size of the MD was a bit too overwhelming, he's sticking to OM at a max... anyways, blah blah, I got it off him...

I go through guitars like a flock of seagulls working a bag of Cheetos in a Venice Beach parking lot.... fast! lol.. This was a heavy duty unplanned purchase for me, I got the call from my buddy and I took it.. reality is sinking in that I've got some serious builds around the corner, Brondel, Buendia, Circa, Strahm, Kraut... all previous commitments.... yea, I'm sick...

Anyways, time for a new home for this lovely instrument... This guitar will define strongly to any interested party why Jason Kostal has made such a name for himself.. It's got it... and took my jams to some outrageous places, really been a blast... any guitar lover will be thrilled... I've never played a guitar that has such a bold punch you in the chest bass and be so balanced at the same time... very very alluring and captivating tone... check out some of his fine recordings online, youtube etc, I'm not gonna tease you with one of my poor iPhone videos, lol.... if you want a recent Kostal MD I got one.. and its awesome...

I'll post now some iPhone pics i took... probably break out the real camera over the weekend... Flash really helps... with an iPhone I need to be at weird angles or else you see too many glares and my reflection... but these will give you the idea, there is actually something very realistic about a phone pic. Enjoy, and pardon them being SO huge, they come out that way on my new AGF app I'm uploading with...

Jason has a closed wait list, jump on this rare chance at a recent build, and save thousands...

$OLD

Last edited by Diamondave; 11-11-2017 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:40 PM
Charter Member

Last edited by Diamondave; 09-21-2017 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:14 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Whoa there pardner....that is a classy lookin' rig right there!! I've never played one of Jason's guitars, but I can only guess that this one is pretty special given the woods and the design. A LOT of guitar right there for sure.

Best of luck with your sale Dave!

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!
Old 07-26-2017, 09:33 AM
Charter Member

Smile Honey Moley!!!

What a beauty. I am sure you will miss it, but I wager you will have a keeper or three in your new builds to console you in your loss... haha

Best on the sale! If I only had an extra 18 large laying around!

I need to try the new app myself, as I only have an iPad. Your Pics look darn good to me

Cheers

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More

Last edited by Guitars44me; 07-26-2017 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:42 AM
Charter Member

Great guitar from a great builder from a great seller!! You can't go wrong with this beauty!!!

High End Guitar Review Videos.
www.youtube.com/user/rockinb23
Old 07-26-2017, 05:11 PM
Charter Member

Thanks a lot for the kind words Folks...! really appreciate it

Yea the AGF app is real easy, much faster that photobucket... but I haven't found out how to resize my images, they look great on an iPhone and ipad, but they are a bit too huge on my laptop, I have to scroll in order to see the entire image, a bit too blown up looking....
Old 07-27-2017, 02:15 PM

Being familiar very well with several guitars from David's collection and currently owning one, I am 100% confident that this MD is the instrument "to die for".
I wish I had a room for it ...
Somebody will be absolutely happy !
• Froggy Bottom H12 Adi/EIR
• Ramirez 1A
• Rayan Nightingale Bearclaw Spruce / EIR
• Traugott 00 German Spruce/Braz
• Vicente Sanchis 41FL
Old 07-27-2017, 06:12 PM

Wink

On any windows PC, just key Control-minus to zoom out and Control-plus to zoom back in. You can make these pics fit your screen. It is good to have high-res pics to allow you to zoom in and see detail. JD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondave View Post
Yea the AGF app is real easy, much faster that photobucket... but I haven't found out how to resize my images, they look great on an iPhone and ipad, but they are a bit too huge on my laptop, I have to scroll in order to see the entire image, a bit too blown up looking....
Old 07-27-2017, 09:31 PM
Charter Member

Beautiful guitar, Dave. I played a Jason Kostal MD of the same materials some years ago and it was a very impressive guitar. Yours in gorgeous.

Best of luck with your sale.

- Glenn
Old 07-27-2017, 10:06 PM
Charter Member

Default I need more money!

Let's be totally honest here AGF-er's, Diamond Dave has got to be something/someone that's not of this planet. The guitars he's selling are the TOP of the TOP, the most high end of the highest end. Incredible is the only word that comes to mind when describing this guitar. I love it Dave!

BB
Old 07-28-2017, 08:59 AM
FKA matthewpartrick :)

WOW! Wish I wasn't gutting my house right now (not that I could slip a Kostal into the house without my wife noticing.) GLWS!
Old 07-31-2017, 11:26 AM
Charter Member

Thanks for the comments Folks...! and remember, there's always room for one more...! just one, pleeeeease...
Old 07-31-2017, 02:10 PM

Nice Dave,
Any trades you might consider?
Haha.
1980 Nakade classical, Spruce/EIR
and... a bunch of ukulele
Old 08-02-2017, 01:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by palolowarrior View Post
Nice Dave,
Any trades you might consider?
Haha.
Hi Alan, generally looking for the green, cash talks.... But a "majority cash" plus an interesting guitar could definitely grab my attention.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:48 AM
Charter Member

Kostal MD Brazilian anyone...?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars