The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-26-2017, 10:34 AM

Hercules 414 grabber for me. And eight of the grabber style wall hangers too scattered throughout the house (and one on the sheltered back porch too). I've found nothing more secure or durable, and have never had any issue with finish marring from the padded surfaces. I don't need the 415 version with the foldable head.

Many of my guitars rarely see their hard cases, except for week of spa treatment when it is dry. I use gig bags for transport outside of the house. Most of my regularly played guitars live out on the wall stands, and I use the 414 single stand for temporary use and for gigs.

I do what works for me. If you choose something different, then cool!
Old 07-26-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
Many of my guitars rarely see their hard cases...my regularly played guitars live out on the wall stands...
We don't need no steenking guitar cases!

Nothing looks better than walls covered with guitars, and you can grab any one of them at any time when they're out in the open.

One of my first rules for beginners is to hang their guitar either on the wall or in a nice stand so that it is always available to be played.

For decades now I've also used so many of the lag bolt style shovel hangers, and last year we put about 25 of them throughout my friends new house to hang all the guitars. Guitars everywhere! I even put one in the wall at the distillery I've been playing at so that I don't even need my guitar stand there any more.

Other venues, out comes one of my trusty Ultimate Support GS-1000's.

Friedman WW Smallbox, Marshall 4212
Old 07-26-2017, 06:53 PM
Charter Member

Hercules stand.

Although the foam is proclaimed as safe, I made little brown felt tubes to cover the foam just as an added precaution.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion