The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

View Poll Results: Which sound clip sounds better?
Clip #1 10 31.25%
Clip #2 9 28.13%
Clip #1 sounds better, but needs work 3 9.38%
Clip #2 sounds better, but still needs work 5 15.63%
Neither clip sounds that good, get back to the woodshed 5 15.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2017, 08:37 PM
Charter Member

I'm listening through small Bose speakers, my ears are 60 years old and went to rock concerts, I love my Larrivees, I thought clip 1 was way better as far as clean clear sound and great note separation, but it did seem like there was the hard wall, empty room effect going on.

Clip 2 sounded like the guitar was stuffed with a towel, very muted. I figured it must be a dread by the amount of overtones I could hear, but I was wishing I could hear them a lot better.

I thought the playing was lovely, whenever I'm reading a page here that you have posted on, I play your signature clip over and over!
Old 07-14-2017, 09:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKT View Post
I'm listening through small Bose speakers, my ears are 60 years old and went to rock concerts, I love my Larrivees, I thought clip 1 was way better as far as clean clear sound and great note separation, but it did seem like there was the hard wall, empty room effect going on.

Clip 2 sounded like the guitar was stuffed with a towel, very muted. I figured it must be a dread by the amount of overtones I could hear, but I was wishing I could hear them a lot better.

I thought the playing was lovely, whenever I'm reading a page here that you have posted on, I play your signature clip over and over!

Thank you, what a great compliment. That empty room sound is exactly what I'm trying to get rid of. It might take a while, but I"ll get there. Thanks for your review!

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD