The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 06-23-2017, 02:12 PM

Question Have You Used the Focusrite iTrack Pocket?

Basically, it's an audio interface for iOS products (iPhone, iPad etc.)

You can find it HERE if anyone's interested.

It has a built in 1/4" jack input for your guitar and a stereo microphone and allows you to use them to record audio while capturing video.

It's a great idea for people who like to post videos to YouTube and Facebook etc.

I bought one because I wanted to record my electro-acoustic guitar and vocals directly to my phone and it had a huge price drop recently.

The problem I'm having is that when I play back my videos, all the vocals are in the right channel and all the guitar is in the left channel.

I get that I'm inputting a mono signal from the guitar with the jack cable so it's forcing that left and the vocals right, but there are different effects you can apply to your sound using the app that comes with it and when I use the "Big Chorus" effect it has the vocals and guitar coming out of both channels, which is what i want but I don't want to have that Big Chorus effect on.

Has anyone else here used one and have any tips? I really want to have both guitar and vocals in both channels, preferably without any effects.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD