The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-05-2024, 04:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucketfoot View Post
Pulled the trigger on a Martin 000-15m.

So I get my cake (a Martin), but get to eat too as I saved some money to satisfy my being frugal
Good for you...congrats! Just one word of caution:

One Martin is like one Lays potato chip...

Best of luck and enjoy!

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!
Old 03-06-2024, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Pulled the trigger on a Martin 000-15m.

So I get my cake (a Martin), but get to eat too as I saved some money to satisfy my being frugal
Congratulations, but I must say that it is far from a D18/D28 that you first considered :-) Having said that, it is a fine choice, I own a D15m and it is the only Martin left in my fold.
Old 03-07-2024, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalFromChatham View Post
I think the D15m or D15e were made for you. One made in USA ($1600) and one in Mexico ($1300). The D15E has a pickup should you ever need it.

Both sound THE SAME. Both great. I have a 15 year old D15m and it is still rock steady. No binding worries. Budget friendly. And the best part: they record so easily. No overtones.

I bet you could buy these new out the door for $1500 and $1200 respectively. Obviously less used. And they are timeless.
Well this suggestion more or less became the winner. I was able to try a D-15m, but I was also able to try a 000-15m which is the one I really liked.

So the search is complete and I ended up with a Martin I really like that was in my preferred price range!
Old 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Well this suggestion more or less became the winner. I was able to try a D-15m, but I was also able to try a 000-15m which is the one I really liked.

So the search is complete and I ended up with a Martin I really like that was in my preferred price range!
Good choice! Don't let anybody make you feel bad about your decision, your ears, your budget.
Old 03-08-2024, 11:51 AM

I can't really say anything negative about any of the feedback I received. It was all very helpful.

I get those who said forget the name and by the same token those who said if Martin is your first thought, that is probably the way you should go.

Ultimately staying under $2K was the bigger factor. In the end I found a guitar that just felt right and it just happened to have the name Martin on the headstock.

So thanks to everybody that provided feedback, no matter which direction it pointed
Old 03-08-2024, 07:45 PM

I've weaned myself off Martins. Never going to be able to afford a D18 or D28.
When I think about the lesser Martins, like the 15 series, I'm not convinced they sound better than my Eastman E1ss Ltd, with its Adi top, cos it has such a good sound now that I've owned it a while and has such a nice low action.
I think it's different if you live in the USA because Martin is very much part of your heritage.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion