The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 07-26-2023, 07:29 AM

Default Soundslice for doing notation?

Is Soundslice becoming more popular as a way of capturing your work in notation?
Seeing a few of the posts here, such as Doug Young's, make it seem like a very useful tool.
Old 07-26-2023, 07:55 AM

There are lots of notation editors out there. Some are free, some are fairly cheap and some are very expensive. When I was teaching the "Industry Standard" was Sibelius. Very pricy and, at the time updated on almost a yearly basis.

I now use a Linux operating system and I never got Sibelius to work on that so I changed to Musescore. This is a free software that works well on Linux systems and Mac and Windows. It wasn't too much of an effort to learn the different software. It can do everything that Sibelius could do back then. I like it.

If you can get Soundslice to work and you like it then use it. Same with any other notation editor. Try as many as you want and use the one you like best.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write