The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-12-2018, 02:01 PM

Default shout out to Blue Chip Picks !!!!

For me there cannot be a better Pick or customer service...Holy Moly !!!! It is true that you get what you pay for, ordered a pick, had small problem that Blue Chip took care of in Spades.....The cream rising to the top !!!!!
Mrbirdog
Old 01-12-2018, 02:05 PM

I feel the same way. I absolutely love Blue Chip picks and their service has been top-notch for me.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:07 PM

Yep! They are great. My wife ordered me an engraved pick for Christmas. There was a small mix up with the text, but they sent her a new one free....now I have two, and I will DEFINITELY order more!
Old 01-12-2018, 02:12 PM

Absolutely 100% agree. They are incredible. I've had my thumb pick for several years now and use it daily. I'd like to give them more business, but it looks and plays like the day I got it. I'll have to lose it I guess to be able to get a new one (but I know where it is at any moment so I can't ever see that happening either)
Old 01-12-2018, 02:25 PM

I just started using Blue Chip picks a few months ago, and they've been great to deal with. They have the customer service thing completely figured out!
Old 01-12-2018, 02:33 PM

I'm pretty curious about this... What exactly is so good about these picks? Like, what makes them better than other picks? It feels like the only thing I read about them is how great they are, but not so often WHY and what makes them worth paying so much. They're hard and don't break or wear down? I have picks like that but that cost hardly anything. Is the tone objectively better than every other pick in existence?

EDIT: I realize this topic was more about their customer service, but yeah, still curious about these picks...
Old 01-12-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_boxer View Post
I'm pretty curious about this... What exactly is so good about these picks? Like, what makes them better than other picks? It feels like the only thing I read about them is how great they are, but not so often WHY and what makes them worth paying so much. They're hard and don't break or wear down? I have picks like that but that cost hardly anything. Is the tone objectively better than every other pick in existence?

EDIT: I realize this topic was more about their customer service, but yeah, still curious about these picks...
Less pick noise....they glide across the strings.
Secondly, the material is almost "tacky", ie., they grip well and are easy to hold onto.
Also, the tone is nice and fat.
And, they don't wear AT ALL.
1967 Guild D-50 (Hoboken, NJ)
1975 Guild D-25 M (Westerly, RI)
2001 Tacoma DM9 (Tacoma, WA)
2003 Martin D-18GE (Nazareth, PA
)

"Oh, What a life a mess can be!" - Uncle Tupelo
Old 01-12-2018, 02:47 PM
Charter Member

Add me to the list of happy customers.

the_boxer, I wondered the same thing. I'll second everything inadu ridge said as well. I hope you get the chance to try one to see for yourself.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:48 PM

Quote:

I can't really explain it. They just do it for me. The feel, the sound, the durability...just works. Best way I can explain it, is that there isn't anything about it that I don't like, so I can focus on playing.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:56 PM
Charter Member

Love the product but 4.95 to put a pick in a 59 cent envelope is lame.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:

https://www.elderly.com/cool-pick-ul...k-pkuls-80.htm

These are pretty fantastic sounding and until now I thought they were expensive at 80 cents apiece. The grippy part is kinda like sand paper and the pick doesn't move around between your fingers like plain plastic picks do.

$75.00 for a pick? Really?
Old 01-12-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippy5 View Post
Love the product but 4.95 to put a pick in a 59 cent envelope is lame.
I agree the shipping cost seems a little high at $4.48 (to my address, just checked), but there are more expenses to shipping than just the postage. If I remember right, the last time I ordered a few picks the postage cost printed on the label was $1.59, which doesn't include the cost of the envelope, the labor to package it, or other costs associated with supporting a shipping department like the floor space and utilities. They shipped that order to me for free, but they still have costs associated with it. And sure, it might technically cost them less to ship a pick than what they charge, but it's a business and businesses don't stay in business by just breaking even.

If you don't want to pay shipping, just order more than $100 worth (3 picks) and shipping is free. Or wait until they have a free shipping promotion again, it seems to happen fairly regularly.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:18 PM

I have a couple of TAD 40's. I decided to try a TAD 50 on my dread (which is now gone) and knew immediately it was a mistake.

No problem. I sent it back and they sent me another TAD 40.

Nice. Really nice.
Alvarez 12 String
Gibson ES345s
Fender P-Bass
Gibson tenor banjo
Old 01-12-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull S6 View Post
https://www.elderly.com/cool-pick-ul...k-pkuls-80.htm

These are pretty fantastic sounding and until now I thought they were expensive at 80 cents apiece. The grippy part is kinda like sand paper and the pick doesn't move around between your fingers like plain plastic picks do.

$75.00 for a pick? Really?
Blue Chips are $35 each, and worth every penny, to me.
1967 Guild D-50 (Hoboken, NJ)
1975 Guild D-25 M (Westerly, RI)
2001 Tacoma DM9 (Tacoma, WA)
2003 Martin D-18GE (Nazareth, PA
)

"Oh, What a life a mess can be!" - Uncle Tupelo
Old 01-12-2018, 03:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades of Blue View Post
Yep! They are great. My wife ordered me an engraved pick for Christmas. There was a small mix up with the text, but they sent her a new one free....now I have two, and I will DEFINITELY order more!
I found someone selling a Bluechip TD40 on another forum and gave it a try. I already have a TD50 and TAD50 & TAD55. The TD40 is my FAVORITE Pick ever! Really sounds great. Yes, I can hear the difference.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion