The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 01-20-2011, 08:21 AM

Default Les Paul model finished

Since it sayd acoustic AND electrics I figured I'd post my just finished Les Paul model. Now I need to find a good home for this guitar.

honduran mahogany body and neck, ebony fretboard, lightly figured maple top, Lindy Fralin p90's and finished in real 50's nitrocellulose.

hope u guys enjoy.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:50 PM

That is VERY pretty!

Great Job!
I LOVE that guy!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

I've been looking at LP's and I too decided I'll make my own! Great job. Were did you get the hardware? What was the hardest part of building for you?
Real 50's finish. Style of finish, or a 60 year old can of finish
Old 01-20-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchen Guitars View Post
I've been looking at LP's and I too decided I'll make my own! Great job. Were did you get the hardware? What was the hardest part of building for you?
Real 50's finish. Style of finish, or a 60 year old can of finish
I got the hardware from a dutch supplier who's company is called texas and tweed. The pickups are Lindy Fralin p90's wich are imported by another dutch luthier.

I've build this guitar about 3 years ago when I was still an apprentice for a dutch master luthier, I never had the money to actually finish it until recently. I guess the hardest part was the binding at that point was the binding, wich I messed up in a few spots.

I know a painter who took over his dad's company, and they saved a full barrel of old nitrocellulose, so its actually from around the 50's. I think he had enough left for 3 or 4 guiars when I brought in this LP, so I figured I'd go for the nitro while it was still available.

cheers, Gimar

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair