The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 12-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Mannnn, if I'd only bought that General Store I looked at in Spofford Lake NH!
I'd take ya up on that Steak! Unfortunately, good weather puts us 15 hours apart. Are you going to A.S.I.A?
It probably just needs leveled out more. I will check the tuners though.
Enjoy the snow. We didn't get nailed-yet. Probably won't I bought a Generator this year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen DeRusha View Post
"What would you do?"

It depends. If the guitar is actually set-upable, if you have enough to work with, you should be able to set it up regardless of the temperature or humidity. I don't have a problem with it anyway.

Without having the guitar in front of you, and a bunch of measurements to think about, it is kind of hard to diagnose it over the phone. If you put a capo on the first fret and play it, do you still have the same situation?

Could be- Bad strings, loose washer on a machine head, loose brace, need more of an arch in the strings at the saddle, need more clearance for those strings on the saddle, maybe the frets are not as level as you think they are, the oval of string rotation from different playing styles is it, maybe it is set up better then most people would ever dream it could be set up and you should just leave it alone? Etc?

Bring it over and throw it on my bench. We will take a look at it. Right now we are having a snow storm so if we plan it right, we can pretend that we are snowed in for a week or so. What do you want to cook on the BBQ while you are here? Steaks? Vegetable kabobs? Soup? All of the above? Maybe we can write a few songs while we are at it too.

Glen

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair