The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-18-2023, 12:21 PM

Default Video- Alto Busker vs Legacy S1 Pro Features

Alto wins on features but doesn't have a user replaceable battery which will be a Deal Breaker for many.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDzJjZUxaJM&t=5s
Watch Part 2 Alto is louder!
Part 3 Sound Demo Alto cleaner high end, Bose fuller low mids/low end
Very impressed for the price-Alto Busker is a winner! Not sure about reliability, only time will tell? No 7 year warranty like Yamaha/QSC 6 years
Old 12-20-2023, 07:58 AM
Charter Member

Admittedly, I'm a tone snob.

I watched several of your videos and learned a lot about the various battery PA speaker options. I listened to another video you shared comparing the Alto and S1Pro. Cudos to you using stands for the sound review. The Alot sounds good in comparison. There are differences I heard through the sources I listened.

I know dance music has a dynamic range that can be used to evaluate speakers, but I have yet to hear a good clip of a singer, singer/guitar or instrumental guitar. IMHO, most of these speakers are intended for a soloist or instrumentalist.

I have not heard the Alto in person and honestly didn't consider it because I had previous experience with the Bose S1. I opted for the Bose S1Pro+. Originally, I planned to demo and return if I didn't think it was a good option to the S1Pro. It may not have the power or features of competitors, but it sounds great for a variety of guitars plugged direct. Although I use a pedal board with preamp, the sound achieved plugged in direct tells me I can achieve great tone without a lot eq'ing on my board. I do wish the EQ presets were available direct on the unit though instead of through the ap. Still, I find it is a great stand alone or extension speaker option for instrumental guitar and it's a keeper.

I've found comparison videos should be scrutinized/filtered by the reviewer's background and testing method, and media used in the test. You clearly state your background and limitations of the test and your testing is very informative about the differences in the various options.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification