The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-27-2023, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbrown View Post
Nor sure about the AER, but the enhancement sounds more akin to what the Aphex Aural Exciter does. Basically re-composes the top end based on what’s happening in the the lower frequency register.
Thanks for the response. I’m all for anything which improves upon a magnetic pickup’s “plinky” sounding high end.
Old 12-27-2023, 08:25 PM

Default Headway

I have one, via great customer service on sending an older version in for repair. Was part of an upgrade/exchange. No issues going to and from the UK to US. I've used it on a wide variety of instruments, and is a good thing to take to events as I've solved impedance issues with other guitar players, particularly those with clip on mics or guitars that just don't seem to get along with the host's PA. Every guitar I own plus a few other non-guitars I have utilize a stereo out jack, so the two channel separate EQ works great.
Old 12-28-2023, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschultz View Post
So the channel routing on this is really weird. If I have passive K&k on the tip and mic on the ring:
FX is only channel 1.
Phantom power is only on channel 1.
What if I want to use FX loop on the pickup that isnÂ’t phantom powered?
Yep, I dont use my EDB2HE for that reason sadly as its otherwise a well though out and built piece of kit.

If using an internal mic with an SBT on separate outputs from the guitar, you can only send the SBT to the Fx loop which, for me, makes it not usable.
I change between guitars, and also use a DPA 4099 clip-on mic on a nylon strung guitar so sadly I cannot use the Fx loop on that guitar either.
My old Ravenlabs PMB pre-amp allows a mix between the two inputs that can be sent the Fx loop, but sadly mine is a bit unreliable, intermittently cutting out the audio, and I've yet to get round to repairing it (The lack of schematic makes it more challenging, and means spending more time on it than I have right now.)
I've since gone down the Tonedexter route which works very well for me. The new model with midi-controlled patches looks great!

However I believe the new Headway pre-amp facilitates mixing the mic and line IPs to the Fx loop?

John at Headway - is it possible to mod the EDB2HE so that both mic and line inputs can be sent to the Fx loop?

I'm aware that the new EDB2-VAP might be able to do this?
I'd rather mod the existing pre-amp though.

Cheers, Colin

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification