The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 08-28-2017, 07:59 AM

Default Tuner nuts for Ovation Celebrity

Hi all. I've asked this question on the Ovation Fan Club forum but was basically told to call Ovation and buy from them. I might do that, but thought I would ask here first.

I have a 2006 Ovation Celebrity CK047 that has one of the threaded nuts on a tuner that broke in half. The tuner itself (Ovation branded) works fine. So I don't need a new tuner. What I need is the threaded hollow-shafted nut that screws down through the headstock of the guitar into the tuner.

Can anyone here recommend a fairly low-cost replacement for this part? I hate to buy a whole set of new tuners just to get one nut. But c'est le vie. Perhaps.

Can anyone help?
Old 08-28-2017, 11:10 AM

Your local guitar repair shop can be a good resource for this kind of thing. We often have small salvage parts hanging around. Manufacturers commonly change vendors - so a phone call can lead to frustration where a quick visit could clear things up more easily.

Frank Ford
Old 08-29-2017, 08:42 AM

Yeah, you're right, Frank. Ovation never returned my call. So I went by Guitar Center and their guitar tech gave me two of them from past surplus. They look just like my broken one.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:18 PM

The threaded collars are common to most enclosed tuners, though the diameter and thread pitch can vary slightly. I usually can find one that will fit if I dig through my spares. Of course, it is always better to have the tuner in hand while doing this.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair