The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 06-20-2017, 12:24 AM
Ze. Ze. is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 129
Default

Just ordered this https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/33208797395...7291931&crdt=0

good price if its the one you all been raving about so i'll give it a try .

edit is this volume one and the one above volume two

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blues-Fing...3D332087973950

if so i'll get them both but i'm thinking its just a different cover

Last edited by Ze.; 06-20-2017 at 02:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-20-2017, 04:32 AM
Ze. Ze. is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 129
Default

Its ok looked on the Toby Walker site and just ordered them both .
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-23-2017, 02:05 PM
lowrider lowrider is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 603
Default

No practicing for the past 3 days, none for the next 3. I'm in Aruba to race a triathlon on Sunday. I hope my fingers can remember what to do when I pick the guitar back up on Tuesday.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-23-2017, 02:52 PM
reeve21 reeve21 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Central Connecticut, USA
Posts: 1,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
No practicing for the past 3 days, none for the next 3. I'm in Aruba to race a triathlon on Sunday. I hope my fingers can remember what to do when I pick the guitar back up on Tuesday.
That won't set you back much if at all, lowrider.

I missed a week in January when I had just started picking and most of a week in April. I honestly didn't notice any losses.

The brain needs a chance to digest what you have been teaching it, so look at it as a chance to absorb what you have learned.
__________________
Bob
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-23-2017, 03:10 PM
Toby Walker's Avatar
Toby Walker Toby Walker is offline
AGF Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Stationary home in NJ. Mobile home on any given highway.
Posts: 8,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
Update:

Oh Suzy page 2 is smooth and steady whenever I play it, but my 67 year old brain still can't remember it even though it is just about the same thing all through. All the songs I practice, I have to look or I get lost. Best thing I did was to leave the 4 string open in the last pinch of C to get me into G.

Oh Suzy page 3 is almost smooth but I've made a lot of changes to get it to flow through my head. In every bar I break the second pinch to a base-pluck and I moved some plucks around. I like my way better.

Spike Driver is about half way. I think it's easier than Oh Suzy

Thank you Toby, this is great. And my brain thanks you for the work-out!
You're quite welcome there. I'm glad your progressing and I'm sure that with each new tune your skills will improve quite a bit. Always feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
__________________
Toby Walker:
Toby Walker's Lessons
http://www.tobywalkerslessons.com/
Homespun Music Instruction
https://www.homespun.com/instructors/toby-walker/
Fur Peace Ranch
https://www.furpeaceranch.com/instru...by_walker.html
Toby Walker's Website
http://www.littletobywalker.com/index.html
Toby Walker's YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/tobywalker123
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 06-23-2017, 05:25 PM
TBman's Avatar
TBman TBman is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Jersey - a little west of NYC
Posts: 19,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
No practicing for the past 3 days, none for the next 3. I'm in Aruba to race a triathlon on Sunday. I hope my fingers can remember what to do when I pick the guitar back up on Tuesday.
You're 67 and running a triathlon? You rock buddy, way to kick butt!
__________________
.
.
.
.
My signature stuff......

Barry

Me playin' my giTar.....

Flower (Maasaki Kishibe cover):


soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/barry329

Gibson J-45,
Guild D-55
Guild D-120ce
Larrivee OM-05
Martin D-16GT
{and a few others}

If you can't buy happiness, how do you explain a new set of strings?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-23-2017, 06:39 PM
lowrider lowrider is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 603
Default

Thanks Barry, I've been good at running and triathlon for a long time. Now my goal is to become a pretty good guitar player.

So far my calluses are holding up well to the daily ocean swims. The water is beautiful.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-23-2017, 07:14 PM
TBman's Avatar
TBman TBman is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Jersey - a little west of NYC
Posts: 19,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
Thanks Barry, I've been good at running and triathlon for a long time. Now my goal is to become a pretty good guitar player.

So far my calluses are holding up well to the daily ocean swims. The water is beautiful.
I used to enjoy jogging. I'm not sure my achilles would hold up now, lol.
__________________
.
.
.
.
My signature stuff......

Barry

Me playin' my giTar.....

Flower (Maasaki Kishibe cover):


soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/barry329

Gibson J-45,
Guild D-55
Guild D-120ce
Larrivee OM-05
Martin D-16GT
{and a few others}

If you can't buy happiness, how do you explain a new set of strings?
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-23-2017, 10:37 PM
TBman's Avatar
TBman TBman is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Jersey - a little west of NYC
Posts: 19,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze. View Post
Its ok looked on the Toby Walker site and just ordered them both .
I have to work those into my practicing. I have to make a schedule of practice sessions to rotate things a bit. I'm neglecting too much good stuff.
__________________
.
.
.
.
My signature stuff......

Barry

Me playin' my giTar.....

Flower (Maasaki Kishibe cover):


soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/barry329

Gibson J-45,
Guild D-55
Guild D-120ce
Larrivee OM-05
Martin D-16GT
{and a few others}

If you can't buy happiness, how do you explain a new set of strings?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-24-2017, 03:07 AM
Ze. Ze. is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
I have to work those into my practicing. I have to make a schedule of practice sessions to rotate things a bit. I'm neglecting too much good stuff.
Product came in three days (uk) and i have printed off pdf sheets and placed in a folder for some serious study of this stuff ,it all seems to be there its just a matter of devoting time which i'm going to treat as work (that i enjoy) .Great communication on the dvds and I've already had a reply to an email so confidence is high that i will do this blues course justice ...thats my fingerpicking taken care of for the foreseeable future
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-24-2017, 06:05 AM
Toby Walker's Avatar
Toby Walker Toby Walker is offline
AGF Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Stationary home in NJ. Mobile home on any given highway.
Posts: 8,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze. View Post
Product came in three days (uk) and i have printed off pdf sheets and placed in a folder for some serious study of this stuff ,it all seems to be there its just a matter of devoting time which i'm going to treat as work (that i enjoy) .Great communication on the dvds and I've already had a reply to an email so confidence is high that i will do this blues course justice ...thats my fingerpicking taken care of for the foreseeable future
Keep me posted if you have any questions. Those were the first two that I did for Happy and we had a ball.
__________________
Toby Walker:
Toby Walker's Lessons
http://www.tobywalkerslessons.com/
Homespun Music Instruction
https://www.homespun.com/instructors/toby-walker/
Fur Peace Ranch
https://www.furpeaceranch.com/instru...by_walker.html
Toby Walker's Website
http://www.littletobywalker.com/index.html
Toby Walker's YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/tobywalker123
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 06-25-2017, 12:57 PM
lowrider lowrider is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 603
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
You're 67 and running a triathlon? You rock buddy, way to kick butt!
First and first, my wife and I in our age groups. Don't know my overall place but I had a great race! Everyone was so great; they were cheering USA, USA, USA when we go our awards. Can't wait to come back.

Now I have to get home and practice!
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-25-2017, 01:43 PM
TBman's Avatar
TBman TBman is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Jersey - a little west of NYC
Posts: 19,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
First and first, my wife and I in our age groups. Don't know my overall place but I had a great race! Everyone was so great; they were cheering USA, USA, USA when we go our awards. Can't wait to come back.

Now I have to get home and practice!
That is so cool, and both of you took names Congrats!
__________________
.
.
.
.
My signature stuff......

Barry

Me playin' my giTar.....

Flower (Maasaki Kishibe cover):


soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/barry329

Gibson J-45,
Guild D-55
Guild D-120ce
Larrivee OM-05
Martin D-16GT
{and a few others}

If you can't buy happiness, how do you explain a new set of strings?
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-28-2017, 06:18 AM
lowrider lowrider is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 603
Default

Well it took all day; picking up the guitar a few times all morning and then a 1:45:00 practice in the afternoon, but I'm back on track. Suzy pg3 with three fingers is nearly clean and once again the rhythm is coming back to Spike Driver. Go me!

It was probably not the best day to start something new, but I also started a cool 12 bar blues with a pick that should allow me to put in all the 12 bar blues pieces that I have been learning. I found it on vacay and wanted to give it a go.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 06-29-2017, 11:23 AM
TBman's Avatar
TBman TBman is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Jersey - a little west of NYC
Posts: 19,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
Well it took all day; picking up the guitar a few times all morning and then a 1:45:00 practice in the afternoon, but I'm back on track. Suzy pg3 with three fingers is nearly clean and once again the rhythm is coming back to Spike Driver. Go me!

It was probably not the best day to start something new, but I also started a cool 12 bar blues with a pick that should allow me to put in all the 12 bar blues pieces that I have been learning. I found it on vacay and wanted to give it a go.
Nice! Your mention of flat picking got me thinking of playing with one again to learn some bluegrass and fiddle tunes. I have a 5 day weekend starting tomorrow, woo hoo! Plenty of guitar playing time!
__________________
.
.
.
.
My signature stuff......

Barry

Me playin' my giTar.....

Flower (Maasaki Kishibe cover):


soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/barry329

Gibson J-45,
Guild D-55
Guild D-120ce
Larrivee OM-05
Martin D-16GT
{and a few others}

If you can't buy happiness, how do you explain a new set of strings?
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=