Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Certainly are some cool bikes on AGF
You can say that again....

Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 10-14-2017, 12:30 PM

Yesterday was NHUBD (new hardly used bike day). I extended the net for a commuter/tourer to a nice little small town shop near our cabin and got a tremendous price on near mint gen 4 2016 Fargo.

It was 6+ hours of driving in a day but a truly sweet deal, sweet bike, and enough time for a nice ride and what will likely be last look at the lake for this year.

It was also sweet to run into 3 now older guys who were pals of my deceased father in law and see them out.

The gravel grinding yesterday and 14 mi of communing this morning explained why the admittedly unusual Fargos have such a following. Fargos have for the most part been equal parts tourer, MTB and cross/grinder bike. That makes them far from a jack of all trades but master of none if you ride all over and a lot.

Old 10-14-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
I went from toeclips to these platform pedals from Performance Bikes with only a whistle stop on the clipless pedal trolley. At this point in my life, the last thing I'd want is to have my feet stuck on the pedals in a quick-stop situation...

Thanks RP

"Wish I had more time to hear your reasons, but I have to go get a beer." 00-28
Old 10-14-2017, 07:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imwjl View Post
Yesterday was NHUBD (new hardly used bike day). I extended the net for a commuter/tourer to a nice little small town shop near our cabin and got a tremendous price on near mint gen 4 2016 Fargo.
Mmmm...Salsa! I've been slightly obsessed with their Deadwood for a bit, but it would be a little redundant to my Surly Troll. Thinking I'll throw some Woodchipper bars on that bad boy and call it a day. Very nice Fargo!
Old 10-14-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukematrix View Post
Mmmm...Salsa! I've been slightly obsessed with their Deadwood for a bit, but it would be a little redundant to my Surly Troll. Thinking I'll throw some Woodchipper bars on that bad boy and call it a day. Very nice Fargo!
Thx. I think I'd prefer the utility of the steel fork over light weight but will let how much sloppy weather riding I do determine that.

Dual suspension or original Deadwood? I thought plus vs 29 was what differentiated the original and gen 4 Fargo.

Woodchippers on a Troll would be similar except the original Deadwood and gen 4+ Fargos have higher stack.

The Woodchippers are like the OG WTB off road drops.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic