The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 02-17-2018, 08:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesyRob View Post
"Yes, Richard is a speed demon, right up there with Mark Hanson. [emoji4]"

I like the slower tempos myself. I play Ragtime Ramble a bit faster than you,TB, but not as fast as Saslow. I've done the whole book, I've since nixed Boogaloo Down LaRue and Bloozinay, they're just not my cup of cappucinno.
I'm currently working on Hanson's Red, White, and Blue Rag. Nice piece but again way too fast on the recording for my taste.
I just started my own YouTube channel back in December, I recorded Just What the Doctor Ordered, Coney Island Cakewalk, and Ragpickin.
Hanson has some good stuff in that book. One of my favorites is Strawberry Curl, I haven't played that one in years though.

I'm slowly going through Saslow's book. Coney Island sounds good too so I'm going to add that in the future to my list. I'm going to try them all, but I remember a couple didn't do anything for me when I was listening to all of the songs and it may be the two you didn't care for either.

I just bought Woody Mann's "Do That Guitar Rag" video lesson from Homespun with 5 mellow songs that will be a quick way to boost my song list. The songs are straight forward, but working 60 hours a week at my age is a bit of a drag on my guitar practicing right now, The good news is busy season is over 4/17/18.

Youtube! Please subscribe!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell