The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-15-2015, 04:55 PM

Default "Stompbox" converters (Finhol/Schlagwerk)

This section is supposed to include discussions of effects and live sound, so...
For any solo/duo (or maybe more) players providing your own percussion, or any of the cajon players here: has anyone tried one of the converters from Finhol or Schlagwerk?

Earlier this year, I added both an SBX II by SX (Rondo Music) and a Footbass to my collection. I recently acquired a Stompcon converter from Finhol. The Stompcon can produce one of twelve different effects when triggered by a stompbox like the SBX II, Footbass, or probably any of the other ones with a pickup inside.

When I first saw the list prices for the German-made converters, I thought I'd probably never own one unless I managed to find a good used one somewhere, but I've since seen them for way lower prices. I just discovered the Finhol Cajokick, which lists for about $90 more than the similar (identical?) Schlagwerk box, on eBay for about $150 less than the Schlagwerk.

I guess I can throw in one drummer joke: With a converter box, you always have it with you, and you don't have to buy it beer and pizza.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification