The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 10-13-2016, 06:59 AM

Default Anyone experienced with online guitar training programs?

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for people who have had any experience with online guitar teaching programs (any of them ... but preferably Jamplay or GuitarTricks). I'm collecting feedback and opinions from real current/past customers.

So if you are a customer of these programs, or were one in the past, I'm interested in knowing what do you think about them, are you satisfied, do you recommend or not, testimonials, benefits, your personal experience with them, etc ...

And by responding here I'll take it that you don't mind me quoting you and putting your answer as a feedback for these programs in my website.

Much appreciated guys, thanks.
Old 10-15-2016, 06:42 PM

Just hate seeing questions with no answers.
Most of these links are from this forum.

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=partne...lay&gsc.page=1
Old 10-18-2016, 11:32 PM

I have experience with:

Justin Guitar
Guitar Tricks
TrueFire

I signed up for Guitar Tricks and also tried Justin Guitar when I first started to learn to play. Justin Guitar was great for a beginner. I highly recommend. Great style and he really relates to issues and problems beginners face. Guitar Tricks was ok, but I couldn't stick with it. Just a bit too slow and boring. And I was not impressed with their song instruction.

Now that I have a year of experience playing, I really like TrueFire. Great instruction, tons of different teachers and styles.

Taylor 812ce 2016
Yamaha FS-730
Old 07-03-2018, 08:35 AM

Default +1 for Justin

I just restarted after a 30 year layoff - used JustinGuitar app on my iPad and made great progress. He really does a great job for beginners and the app is very comprehensive. I'm continuing with his intermediate course material but it's too early to provide a real judgement.

I think the real key is to find something you enjoy and understand well enough to stick to it AND get some amount of live (in person or video) instruction. I've started using a local instructor to get feedback on technique and direction and it's helped.

Just 2cents worth from a beginner.
Taylor T5 Standard (2010)

Last edited by bg56; 07-03-2018 at 08:35 AM. Reason: corrected typo
Old 07-03-2018, 08:51 AM

LicknRiff is excellent. Just do a web search.
Old 07-03-2018, 10:01 AM
AGF Sponsor

I like Justin Guitar for beginners. I think the most important thing is to find someone you connect with and then stick with it. I see folks get frustrated and quit and that is a shame...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write