The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-19-2024, 07:21 AM
Charter Member

I think you'll really like the Everse. I love mine and gig it 2 or 3 times a week.
I play a lot of senior gigs and the Everse covers almost all of them splendidly.

When I do need to distribute sound a little differently, I add my Bose S1 via a wireless connection and it sounds great.
Old 03-19-2024, 08:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
Congrats on your system synergy. I am one who also things that matters. I really need to try the Everse 8. I get a lot of mileage from my Bose S1 Pro and S1 Pro Plus, but when they run out of headroom they sound harsh 'fast!' Doesn't happen often and I mostly use the Bose S1 Pro (and Plus) as stage monitoring. or for small gigs when I need wider dispersion.
My S1 Pro would get stupid loud for a speaker of it's size and weight, but you really have to know what you're doing to get the volume out. Going straight in there is a very small amount adjustment between the center detent on the volume and when it goes harsh. I solved this issue with the EAE Gigmix. Set the volume high on the S1 Pro and then use the master on the mixer to set overall volume. The sound was great but I really hate the extra steps of using a mixer. I'm sure you've already worked all this out as well.

The Everse is so much easier to use because of the app. I just got finished doing the basic set up at home and now it'll be easy to tweak for the individual rooms that I play. I gotta say though this Everse is a LOT louder than my S1 Pro. I'm looking forward to trying it out at a gig this weekend.
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 03-22-2024, 10:12 AM

I have both the Everse 8 and the Evolve 30m.

Mostly gig the 30m. Because it's better to have more umph than not enough. I sometimes use the Everse as a monitor. But that hasn't been necessary if I set up and postition the 30m correctly.

But would love the easy load in with just the Everse!
So I have a gig coming up at a Brewery about 2500 sq ft square room with high ceiling.. They usually have about 40-50 show up .. So I am and trying to decide if the EV8 would be enough.

What do you think? Everse enough?
Old 03-22-2024, 11:00 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeStone View Post

Mostly gig the 30m. Because it's better to have more umph than not enough. I sometimes use the Everse as a monitor. But that hasn't been necessary if I set up and postition the 30m correctly.

So I have a gig coming up at a Brewery about 2500 sq ft square room with high ceiling.. They usually have about 40-50 show up .. So I am and trying to decide if the EV8 would be enough.

I vote yes, it'll handle that room and amount of people. I used my Everse in a room that size with probably 100-120 people.

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 03-22-2024, 11:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

I've been playing rooms for 40-50 people with just a Fishman Loudbox Artist. (also an 8" Speaker) It's been very capable. But I tend to augment it with a Bose S1 Pro + on the other side. It's portable, easier to carry and covers the area nicely. I realize this is a different brand, but similar scenario.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 03-22-2024, 11:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I've been playing rooms for 40-50 people with just a Fishman Loudbox Artist. (also an 8" Speaker) It's been very capable. But I tend to augment it with a Bose S1 Pro + on the other side. It's portable, easier to carry and covers the area nicely. I realize this is a different brand, but similar scenario.
Having the S1 on the other side makes good sense Gary, not having to blast the Fishman on the one side of the room.

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 03-22-2024, 12:12 PM

Quote:

Yes definitely enough. It's only about 5db lower than the 30M.
Old 03-22-2024, 12:14 PM

If I had the EV30M, I would take it to any larger room like that. If it's a longer aspect ratio rectangle room, the column will project to the back of the room with less SPL. And, everything will be setup for you already and nothing else to bring. Unless it's up 4 flights of stairs in a blizzard. Otherwise speakers on the floor, chair or amp stand works fine for a short throw. Once you put the Everse on a pole, you have to carry a pole.
Old 03-22-2024, 06:47 PM

Mine came today.
‘20 Gibson 1960 Hummingbird reissue
‘16 Gibson Hummingbird Avant Guard (gigging guitar)

Note to self: Never play a guitar you aren’t willing to buy.
Old 03-23-2024, 01:05 AM
Charter Member

Interesting update. I played a solo gig tonight in a rather larger room for 80 people. I figured I would be mostly musical wallpaper and that was pretty much the case. So I brought my Fishman Loudbox Artist (8" speaker/120W) and I also connected my Bose S1 Pro Plus. I was simply pushing it too hard to get the fullness of sound I wanted. It was fine for background music but I felt like I need more. (again I realize this is an EV thread and the question was whether the Everse 8 would suffice for a crowd this size)

On break I went out to my SUV and pulled in my Bose L1 Pro 8's and simply put, it was better in every way. So I was thinking about this thread and pondering if an Everse 8 would have been sufficient. What I don't know if how much more capable an Everse 8 versus what I was using. My summation however was the tower (EV30M) would be better and that was true with my Bose L1 Pro 8. Dunno if it's fair to draw this parallel but thought it was interesting. By the way, I am following this thread because I want to try an Everse 8 and also an EVM30M.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 03-23-2024, 07:07 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Interesting update. I played a solo gig tonight in a rather larger room for 80 people. I figured I would be mostly musical wallpaper and that was pretty much the case. So I brought my Fishman Loudbox Artist (8" speaker/120W) and I also connected my Bose S1 Pro Plus. I was simply pushing it too hard to get the fullness of sound I wanted. It was fine for background music but I felt like I need more. (again I realize this is an EV thread and the question was whether the Everse 8 would suffice for a crowd this size)

On break I went out to my SUV and pulled in my Bose L1 Pro 8's and simply put, it was better in every way. So I was thinking about this thread and pondering if an Everse 8 would have been sufficient. What I don't know if how much more capable an Everse 8 versus what I was using. My summation however was the tower (EV30M) would be better and that was true with my Bose L1 Pro 8. Dunno if it's fair to draw this parallel but thought it was interesting. By the way, I am following this thread because I want to try an Everse 8 and also an EVM30M.
I replaced my Bose L1 Pro8 with an EV 30m because of reliability issues with the Pro8. I’ve used it in one really loud room so far and I have to say that the 30m was head and shoulders above the Pro8’s capability. The 30m just has a lot more headroom and horsepower. I’m using it again tonight at another loud rowdy venue and I’m looking forward to trying it out there. I’m going to be using my Everse 8 tomorrow for a more sedate gig that I need to fill a lot of space without being too loud. I’m looking forward to seeing how it does in that situation.
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 03-23-2024, 01:50 PM
Charter Member

Gigged my new to me Everse 8 solo this past Thursday at a Bourbon and Wine bar. I was setup just outside the rollup garagedoor. I was very pleased with the sound. In the past i have used my L1pro8 and wanted to try travelling a bit lighter. Worked out great!
My duo partner and i have been gigging wine bars with 2 Scherler Jam 150’s on stands and we were using a Bose S1 for a monitor. Sounds very good…but my quest is to travel light at 71 with a partner who’s 72.
Long story short…i think im gonna try 2 Everse 8’s on stands with some type of light powered speaker as a monitor. I recently ordered two Qsc K8.2 to try out.
This morning i had an A,B,C,D sound off. A was the pair of Schertlers, B was the pair of Qsc K2, C was the Bose L1 Pro 8 and D was the Everse 8. My guitar and vocal come from a Voicelive 3 to a AH CQ18T for duo gigs.
For pure HiFi sound quality the Schertlers still win, and i have gigged them often, but at 29lbs and wood cabinets, i think they will end of living permanently in the guitar room. The Qsc are nice but read a little sharp sounding to me. I experimented with the various DSP and default was my favorite. The fan noise is a bit of a distraction in a quiet room, but for live performance imsure its a non issue. The Bose is just fine but may end up for sale. At the end of the day i think 2 Everse 8 on poles will get the job done at 17lbs each. I see EV recently released a new 8” powered speaker that might get the call as the monitor. I think the Qsc go back to Sweetwater, perhaps sell the L1 pro, already sold the Bose S1. It was/is fun to have all four setup in the same room for comparison.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification