The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

View Poll Results: Blueridge or Eastman or Recording King
Blueridge 81 23.55%
Eastman 211 61.34%
Recording King 52 15.12%
Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2017, 11:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjewell View Post
Thanks Zissou. My 616 is essentially an 816... flamed maple back, sides and neck, Englemann top, ebony board and bridge. Only made a very few of them.
They're really special aren't they? :- )
Best jumbo I have played or heard, and I have wondered why Eastman quit making them.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvblues View Post
If you mean same specifications as what you would see on a U.S. Guitar (adi top)? Because great U.S. Guitars can be had for less. Personally ? I think the best value is Blueridge, they do make adi topped models for under 1k.

I owned a br 160A that was a very nice instrument. I picked it over a D-28 at the time. Resale value wasn't a concern at the time and I took a decent hit in selling it off. There are many very good instruments coming from overseas but you definitely take a much larger hit on resale I believe.
Just curious, what U.S. made guitars with Addy tops can be had for less than Eastman or Blueridge?
As far as resale value goes, I see similar loss in value percentage-wise with American Brands as I have with Eastmans in particular.
People on here are always talking about getting certain guitars at low prices compared to new.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster

Last edited by rokdog49; 04-23-2017 at 05:40 AM.
Old 04-23-2017, 01:45 PM

I've owned 2 Eastman's, an E10P and an E10D, both were outstanding instruments.

I sold the P because I now have a small body carbon fiber that fits my needs better, but the E10P was a much sweeter sounding instrument... I would not have sold it if I'd had the room.

I sold the D, replaced it with a Smeck-style Gibson Jackson Browne. The Gibson is twice the guitar, at 3x the cost... worth it, but I really loved the E10D... again, no room for more guitars.

Now back living in Baja Sur where I started my carbon fiber journey... Bend OR was too cold!
Old 04-23-2017, 02:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billder99 View Post
I've owned 2 Eastman's, an E10P and an E10D, both were outstanding instruments.

I sold the P because I now have a small body carbon fiber that fits my needs better, but the E10P was a much sweeter sounding instrument... I would not have sold it if I'd had the room.

I sold the D, replaced it with a Smeck-style Gibson Jackson Browne. The Gibson is twice the guitar, at 3x the cost... worth it, but I really loved the E10D... again, no room for more guitars.
I have an E10D and E20D, and I'd LOVE to own a Gibson JBSM. I have been waiting for a Eastman to introduce their own version of a Smeck.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:37 PM

I've been around the block several times. Owned Martin D-28, D-35, D-16, HD-28, HD-28V, D-18 several different Blueridges and others. Some fine guitars. Most above my playing ability, but I know good sound when I hear it. Found out I'm never going to Nashville, or play much of anywhere, other than the bed room or living room. Out of the bunch the 1-11/16 neck on the BR-140 and BR-160, plus the sound appealed to me most, YMMV. It all depends on what works for you, how, where, and when you play, and how much money you want to spend. Blueridges are just like any other guitar, not all have that great sound, but when the right one comes along they are right up there IMO.

Last edited by wrobert955; 12-29-2017 at 01:50 PM. Reason: correct sentence
Old 04-28-2017, 08:09 AM

I voted for Blueridge but I have never played the other two. My BR-163 is a pure joy to play. I love the 000/OM size, the volume, the depth and complexity of tone, the sustain, and the look. I have to make myself play the other two since I got it last June.

Teach us what ways have light, what gifts have worth.
Edna St. Vincent Millay

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion