The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-18-2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
I haven't tried the Body Rez. don't like that concept. I have the Session. The compression is very subtle but the saturation adds a nice character. In conjunction with my Fishman Platinum Pro EQ it sounds really nice. I'm using a Fishman Rare Earth and also a Barbera Soloist in one guitar.
BodyRez is compression, 5-band parametric EQ/shelving, and fast reflections rolled into one—not such a bad concept, and works really well. Unless the one-knob solution puts you off...
Old 08-18-2016, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don1 View Post
BodyRez is compression, 5-band parametric EQ/shelving, and fast reflections rolled into one—not such a bad concept, and works really well. Unless the one-knob solution puts you off...
Maybe I'll have to try one. I was under the impression it was digital as TC is not very forthcoming about the technology and it seems for the size and cost it's doubtful it would be an analog circuit. I have tried the D-Tar Mama Bear and Fishman Aura but dislike the digital approach for acoustic and electric guitar.

I'm curious, do percussive techniques come through when using the Bodyrez?

As I said to the Op I think a big part of the problem is if you're using an inexpensive system you have to go through a lot of hoops to fix what is in large part on the other end of the guitar cable. Speakers are like tires on a car.They are where the rubber meets the road and bald tires on a Ferrari and cheap speakers with a great sounding acoustic will get similar results.

I
Old 08-21-2016, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Maybe I'll have to try one. I was under the impression it was digital as TC is not very forthcoming about the technology and it seems for the size and cost it's doubtful it would be an analog circuit. I have tried the D-Tar Mama Bear and Fishman Aura but dislike the digital approach for acoustic and electric guitar.

I'm curious, do percussive techniques come through when using the Bodyrez?

As I said to the Op I think a big part of the problem is if you're using an inexpensive system you have to go through a lot of hoops to fix what is in large part on the other end of the guitar cable. Speakers are like tires on a car.They are where the rubber meets the road and bald tires on a Ferrari and cheap speakers with a great sounding acoustic will get similar results.

I
The TC is digital all the way, including extremely 'digital-looking' interface/parameter setting screens, but it works really well at making your plugged in sound decent. Problem with the Ferrari analogy is that no such beast exists in the plugged-in acoustic world—they all stink. But, the TC is the best solution I've found for eeking a decent sound out of a UST.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don1 View Post
The TC is digital all the way, including extremely 'digital-looking' interface/parameter setting screens, but it works really well at making your plugged in sound decent. Problem with the Ferrari analogy is that no such beast exists in the plugged-in acoustic world—they all stink. But, the TC is the best solution I've found for eeking a decent sound out of a UST.
The Ferrari analogy was referring to the speaker system. The average "pro-sumer" type speaker systems that most use are not really up to the task of providing accurate sound, time aligned, phase coherent sound reproduction. For the most part just about every pickup system I've used sounds good through my studio near field monitors. Live is another story. You are often fighting, bad acoustics, a less than optimal stage and listening position and inexpensive speaker systems.

I'm not trying to "dis" what system anyone is using but I do get to play through high end systems from time to time and can tell you there is less of a struggle. I've always had a hard time with my K&K equipped Taylor when playing locally, that same system had no issues when I used it at Radio City Music Hall...

Hey, if the BodyRez works miracles in your situation and saves you from a more expensive solution that's a great thing. I was considering upgrading my sound system with some newer RCF gear but can't justify the cost at this point in time. I surely get the economic side of things.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:57 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
The Ferrari analogy was referring to the speaker system. The average "pro-sumer" type speaker systems that most use are not really up to the task of providing accurate sound, time aligned, phase coherent sound reproduction. For the most part just about every pickup system I've used sounds good through my studio near field monitors. Live is another story. You are often fighting, bad acoustics, a less than optimal stage and listening position and inexpensive speaker systems.

I'm not trying to "dis" what system anyone is using but I do get to play through high end systems from time to time and can tell you there is less of a struggle. I've always had a hard time with my K&K equipped Taylor when playing locally, that same system had no issues when I used it at Radio City Music Hall...

Hey, if the BodyRez works miracles in your situation and saves you from a more expensive solution that's a great thing. I was considering upgrading my sound system with some newer RCF gear but can't justify the cost at this point in time. I surely get the economic side of things.
No worries, and no 'dis' perceived. Good luck with your search.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification