The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-30-2011, 10:50 PM

Default did i mess up? bought a guitar with out thinking

ok so i went to a local store and bought a guitar the other day, im wondering if i made a mistake, i still can return it and get my money back, or i can keep it, its a parkwood le061 all solid austriallian blackwood grand auditorium. its a beautiful peice, but i didint realize it is made by cort, i though with its proce tag in the high 2xxx i got a good deal, i paid around the price of a taylor 114ce, any one think i should return this and maybe add some more moeny and grab somehting else or keep it i like the tone and love it looks but i dont no if i can get past thr fact that its cort
Old 01-30-2011, 10:52 PM

i can add a few xxx and get a taylor gc8 used but ec+ condition, or a takamine tnv460sc or tnv760s, also a breedlove forus r or c25/crh all in the same price range all in great condition
Old 01-30-2011, 11:13 PM

Location: mackay queensland /australia on the great barrier reef

thats about what they are worth new. if you likes the looks and tone i would keep it . ive never played one but they do look nice
maton em225ce
martin 00016gt
greg bennett 5 string banjo
epiphone a style mandolin
Old 01-30-2011, 11:19 PM

i do like it and for under xxxx i think i got a good deal with original hsc and i think only one person ever owned it becouse the trust rod wrench, and warrenty paperwork were sealed in the case, i just dont no if. should add xxx and get a c25/cr harringbone
Old 01-31-2011, 12:08 AM

Hi Dave,

You mentioned that the cort would cost ard the price of 114ce, but you're getting an all solid guitar which is more better. Did it comes with any pick-ups?

Since you like the tone and love the looks, you might want to keep it. If you were to change it for something else, you may not be fully satisfied with it.

Why not post some pics and hear from other opinions.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:23 AM

ok here are a few pics taken before i purchased it, its getting set up right now so i cant take any at the moment, tell me what you think? the attention to detail is amazing, the fret work is awesome all the frets are rounded, the binding is flawless and the figuring or the wood is real nice, and the hardshell case is fo-alagater :-) i really do like it

Old 01-31-2011, 01:39 AM

mine is number 128 of 150 they sold 75 in the us and 75 over seas :-)
Old 01-31-2011, 03:11 AM

Well, if you enjoy the guitar all around..what's the problem? The only thing I'd be worried about is long-term condition. Like you said, it is a cort. Pretty guitar though. Whatever you decide on, i hope you enjoy it!
Old 01-31-2011, 03:32 AM

you have not (yet) messed up if you still can return it.

ISO:: A Made-In-Taiwan Yamaha (acoustic/classic) from January 1980
Old 01-31-2011, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetheman81 View Post
its a parkwood le061 all solid austriallian blackwood grand auditorium. its a beautiful peice, i though with its proce tag in the high 2xxx i got a good deal, i like the tone and love it looks but i dont no if i can get past thr fact that its cort
So wait, when it was a Parkwood you loved it.

When it became a Cort is when you began second guessing yourself?

I'm trying to "catch up".....

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkomGsMJXH9qn-xLKCv4WOg
Old 01-31-2011, 05:32 AM

If you're going to second guess yourself the whole time you own the guitar then return it. My opinion though, is to assess the guitar on its merits - that's what makes it worth the $ or not. It looks great, but doesn't have a big name brand, so that affects resell very negatively as well. But if you like it, it sounds great, plays great and is well made, I would consider keeping it - I'm not a name brand person.

- Stevie Ray Vaughan
Old 01-31-2011, 06:39 AM

I would keep it. Those are nice guitars. I have played one before. A bit thin sounding, but nice. Don't get caught up in brand names. I hear cort is getting better anyway.
Fingerpickers: Pat Donohue, Bob Evans, Tommy Emmanuel, Stephen Bennett, Masa Sumide, Eric Lugosch, Martin Taylor, Joe Pass, Jacques Stotzem, Laurence Juber, Rolly Brown, Tuck Andress, Ted Greene, Woody Mann

Rockers: Paul Gilbert, Joe Satriani, Guthrie Govan, Richie Kotzen, Joey Tafolla, Blues Saraceno, Andy Timmons

www.myspace.com/serikulus
www.youtube.com/fingerpickerguy
Old 01-31-2011, 07:02 AM

The other part of the equation, is what would you get if you added the $xxx to your original price for this guitar? Is that the guitar you really want? I've learned that once a nagging doubt has developed, it's not going to go away. Is this guitar always going to have the Cort stigma for you?

Best of luck in your decision.

'73 Guild D25 all mahogany arch back
'82 Guild Mark V
'86 Guild F20 Blonde arch back
'13 Guild Orpheum OM Mahogany Burst
'14 Guild Orpheum OOO 12 SH Mahogany Natural
'06 Tacoma Papoose P112 - 12-string
'66 Guild B-11 Baritone Uke
'11 Martin OM35 Custom
'12 Wechter TO-8418
'13 Composite Acoustics Cargo RAW

Old 01-31-2011, 07:31 AM

I know nothing about cort or parkwood... someone please fill me in.

As far as keeping it, if it's all solid wood and you love it keep it. If it's always going to bother you, get rid of it. There is nothing we will be able to say that will change the way you think about it.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:50 AM

Default I Cant Miss A Chance To Brag About My Parkwood

Well Ive Been Through My Share Of Guitars High End Low End,and I Got To Say My 320-m Is One Of The Sweetest Guitars Ive Had ,no It Aint A Martin Or Taylor, But It Does Everthing Well And Has Its Own Sound,i Replaced My Martin 16 With It And Never Been Sorry,ive Had It Almost 4 Yrs Now And It Just Keeps Getting Better,it Gets Played More Then Anything Else I Have ,mabey I Just Got A Extra Good One,but I Sure Love Mine...and That Sure Is A Pretty One You Got,,cheers

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion