The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 01-28-2017, 01:18 AM
Charter Member

Default SOLD! PONO 0P-10c Cedar/Acacia (Koa) 12 fret parlor cutaway!! *SOLD*

SOLD! 2014 Pono OP-10c parlor guitar. (Note: Per Jon at Pono - This parlor model with a cutaway is no longer offered by Pono).

SOLD! Was $675. PRICE REDUCED TO $595 UNTIL FRIDAY, FEB. 3. I go in for a major surgery next week, and I will be out of commission for a while. It will be taken off the market at that point until I'm recovered. Would be nice to get this sweet little guitar into someone's hands before then, so I've lowered the price significantly.

I am the original owner. This guitar has never left my pet free, smoke free & child free home. We live on the coast of California - ideal guitar climate with year round average temps of 65-70 degrees, humidity averages 45-55%. The original hard shell, arch top case is virtually brand new.

Specs on this fantastic instrument are as follows:

Western Cedar top
Acacia (Koa) back and sides
Ebony fretboard and bridge.
Bone nut and saddle
12 fret
CUTAWAY (a rare feature on a parlor, and not available on Pono any longer)
Short scale: 24 ¾"
Slotted headstock
String spacing at Nut: 1 ¾"
String spacing at Saddle: 2 ¼"
Lower Bout width: 13 ½"
Upper Bout Width: 9 ¾"
Depth at endpin: 4 ¼"
Depth at neck: 3 ⅝"
Overall length of body: 19 ¼"
Fret markers: small white dots on side of fretboard.
Finish: Satin
Case: Pono original arch top hard shell case

Only marks on this guitar are:
Extremely minor marks on headstock from string changes. Could probably be polished out if one is so inclined. (See headstock photo)
Imperceptible tiny impression on back of neck. Can't get it to show in a photo, and not anything you can feel.
Minor impressions on rear binding on lower bout. Probably from keys in my pocket. I never noticed this until I took the high res photos with my DSLR. (See hi-res photo of back of lower bout)

Super easy to play, perfect action and set up, and extremely comfortable in your lap. And the sound is really stellar! It packs a punch with amazing tone and volume for a small guitar. It is excellent for finger style, and handles moderate strumming very well. It is really quite a surprising little guitar! Pono's have earned a reputation as top drawer instruments that are built and play at a level many times above their "pay grade". This is no exception.

Reason for selling? We will be taking a 2 month road trip across the country this summer. I can't take any of my wood guitars as we will be traveling through high heat, dry mountain air, and the humid east coast. So...I'm selling this wonderful Pono to help offset the cost of a carbon fiber guitar that can survive the hostile environment of the trunk of our car for two months!

Photos below taken with my iPhone.

Was $675 - Now $595 until Feb 3, includes shipping and insurance (CONUS). Sorry, no international shipping.

I have done quite a few transactions here, including several very high end guitars. References can be provided if desired.

PM or email me at: onthecoast19 at gmail dot com

Thanks for looking, and "happy picking"!
- Mike

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.
- Edith Wharton, writer

Last edited by Coastman; 02-02-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-29-2017, 03:26 PM
Charter Member

Bump 'er up!

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.
- Edith Wharton, writer
Old 01-29-2017, 04:10 PM
Charter Member

Nice looker, I enjoy the look of a nice cedar top.!
Old 01-31-2017, 04:57 PM
Charter Member

Default Lowered price; Link to Hi Res photos

I've lowered the price (see comment in original post), and added a link to high resolution photos. New Price: $595!!

Great deal on a fantastic 12 fret, short scale with cutaway parlor guitar!

- Edith Wharton, writer
Old 02-02-2017, 12:50 PM
Charter Member

Thanks to all those who inquired about this guitar. It has been sold to a very lucky AGF member!

- Edith Wharton, writer

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
12 fret, parlor, pono, short scale