The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 05-14-2015, 08:35 AM

Default Poison! Please help

Hi,

firstly hello to everybody! (go easy im new).
I've took on learning the acoustic guitar with my 9 year old Daughter aprox 3 years ago. We were happy learning chords for a time but as i cant sing when i play ( cant even talk) the appeal of chords quickly wore off for me.
My daugher is a good singer so once she had the chords down she was playing and singing very well, even performing infront of audiences!
I moved to fingerstyle which suited me and sounded alot more interesting than just strumming chords.
To my amazment my daughter followed suit and quickly picked up the style.

Now she plays mostly fingerstyle and sings at the same time which i find amazing.

shes doing very well and has had quite alot of interest in her performances.

Our main in influences have been First and foremost Bert Jansch followed by Nick drake, Davy Graham ect..

If you want to see here play just type Amelia Harrison on youtube, theres some vids there.

Theres one of Bert's songs we cant find a tab for, 'Poison'.

If anybody has it would be great if you could send it to me, i cant find it anywhere.

Thanks (great site)
Simon
Old 05-14-2015, 10:20 AM

I have a whole collection of Jansch tabs (by me and others, maybe 100 in all), but Poison isn't among them - perhaps because, partly, it's not particularly interesting guitar-wise (in tabbers' opinion in general), and a lot of the guitar (after the initial few bars) is obscured by the drums and bass).

But I do have tab for the intro if you want that - and can get together what I can of the rest of it.

Send me a pm.

(EDIT: found a live version, so I'll work from that.)

(BTW, Amelia's great!)

Last edited by JonPR; 05-14-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:05 PM

Talking

I thought you were going to ask how to play "Every Rose Has It's Thorn"

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Tags
bert jansch, fingerstye, gsmini, nick drake, taylor