The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-04-2017, 09:49 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default Sexauer '17 (chapter 2)

As I write this, there is no meat in this thread. The high calorie content is in chapter 1. Since I am going to be out of the shop most of the next month, I imagine chapter 2 will remain a bit thin for a while. Here is a link to chapter 1 which will help you find it as it gets buried under the stardust of time:

Sexauer '17 (chapter 1)

Where will I be in June, you ask? Well, tomorrow my family and I am going camping for a couple of days at the mouth of the Gualala River. A few days later I head for the Grass Valley Bluegrass Festival where I have spent Father's Day weekend for the last well over a ten years. This is a great pickers event, and it has a building which we call the "Luthier's Pavilion" wherein 20 of so localish Luthiers show their stuff and offer some set up and repair services while you wait. I will have my current crop of dreads along, as well as a string bass or two and a dozen likely fiddles, all the "good stuff" so as not to conflict with neighbor Steve Joines (the fiddle guy) who will have 100 so relatively inexpensive beaters for sale. Come by and say hello, Ben Wilborn, Sparky Kramer, Michael Lewis, and many other known makers are regular participants.

Then after just one day to unload the trailer and re pack the car, I head for Vancouver, BC to show my latest and greatest at luthier Meredith Caloma's Vancouver International Guitar Festival. I lived in the lower mainland area of BC for ten years, so no matter how the show turns out, I expect to have a great time, especially as my daughter Laurelyn and her BFF Indira are coming up to spend 3 days hanging out immediately following the event itself.

I should be back to work around July 3. Of course I will have my iPad with me, so I will check in.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:19 PM

Bruce, as long as you post the odd selfie and describe what fun you are having (and if the occasional attendee is in the background strumming one of your guitars so much the better) we might not develop serious withdrawal symptoms. Or the attendee playing your guitar with you in the background, we're not fussy.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:45 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
Bruce, as long as you post the odd selfie and describe what fun you are having (and if the occasional attendee is in the background strumming one of your guitars so much the better) we might not develop serious withdrawal symptoms. Or the attendee playing your guitar with you in the background, we're not fussy.
I host my own pictures, and I have no idea how to FTP from my iPad to my site, though I have bought two different programs that are supposed to do it. Been a while since my last failure, and I am feeling pretty good, so I could probably handle another failure at this point. We'll see. Pictures might be easier than pages.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:29 PM

I have a tablet that I use when away from home, I can't do much more than passive viewing on it. It is a beast I haven't tried to figure out yet.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:32 PM

This looks nice, is it for a client or a personal project?

Old 06-05-2017, 08:53 AM
Charter Member

In "Chapter 1" Bruce said: "Rode my bicycle today for the first time in nearly a month. Very pleasant! Slow ... The P 000 came out as expected. It is delivered and the owner has expressed pleasure"

Related to Bruce, I did a few things this weekend:

1. I took a couple of bike rides. One with my daughter to get a hot chocolate and then play basketball and another where I rode my bike to see my son play bass in a Pink Floyd cover band

2. Also, I played this P 000! I am very happy with the way it came out and look forward to learning more about the guitar. It is very balanced, loud, has clarity, resonance and a certain elegant tone. Ergonomics are very important to me and the neck shape is perfect and the body wedge is welcome. This is my first multi-scale and I believe it works. I get the sense the guitar is still adjusting to the Virginia climate and I will give it a few weeks before I seek to tweak it. I will try to post about the guitar further. I am very pleased.

Last edited by jmat; 06-05-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:34 AM
AGF Sponsor

The ukulele is a commissioned piece. I have other Ukes which are available.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:08 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Gualala Regional Park

Great 3 days in the woods with the family and friends. Not a state park after all, but a county park, and all the better for it. MUCH less gentrified, that is to say more rustic, and yet flush toilets and hot running water in the bathrooms.

Who knew my dog Koal can swim like a fish. On close inspection he turns out to have webbed toes!

Old 06-09-2017, 04:07 AM

Looks like fun. Are those Redwoods in the campground?
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson 335 Dot
Bunch of Strats
Fender B-Bender Tele
Old 06-09-2017, 09:36 AM
AGF Sponsor

We camped in a second growth redwood forest mixed with a few bay laurels. The redwoods were relatively small, few being over 4' in diameter.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:13 PM

I bet you were looking at all those trees and thinking... Hmmmmmm
Old 06-12-2017, 04:40 PM
AGF Sponsor

For those of you who are interested in the Dream series JB-15 BRW/Italian i just finished, I have today shipped it off to North Carolina. It ought to be there on Thursday and perhaps they'll be able to show it off shortly thereafter.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:16 PM
AGF Sponsor

Sweet little Uke, Bruce. I like the infinity symbol in that back.

Steve

Crafted in the Piney Woods
Old 06-17-2017, 06:41 PM
Charter Member

Bruce's Booth at the Grass Valley Bluegrass Festival:

Last edited by iim7V7IM7; 06-18-2017 at 02:42 AM.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:42 PM
Charter Member

This is a group shot of all but one of the Luthiers who participated in the "Luthiers Pavilion" at the 2017 Fathers Day Grass Valley Bluegrass Festival presented by the California Bluegrass Association.— with Ben Wilborn, Steve sorensen, Austin Clark, Larry, Gary Vessel not shown, Doc, Monte Hendricks, Matt Bohn, Steve Joynes, Sparky, Martin, Photo bomber luthier from outside exhibit, Michael Lewis and Larrys brother? in Grass Valley, California.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop