The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-29-2017, 10:57 PM
Charter Member

A treat this evening: a get together with friends and former band mate. After a fine Mexican meal, we came back to our motorhome for some visiting and music...

http://captnjim.blogspot.com/2017/03...ome-music.html

Besides getting to spend time with my friend (we are able to pick up right where we left off, even if it has been years since we've seen each other), it was the first time my X7 ad X20 got to play together. And, the first time that I have been in front of both to hear them played.

Yeah, they sound great from that perspective, too.

It was a treat getting to spend time with our friends, and making some music.

Being my guest, I did give him time on the X20 first... he said, "Here, you play the expensive one - just in case."

Mark on the X7...

Old 03-29-2017, 11:20 PM
Charter Member

Very nice, Emeralds are getting a lot of press here lately.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaroo View Post
Very nice, Emeralds are getting a lot of press here lately.
Yes, Emerald fans are small in numbers, but large in dedication.

Looks like a fun time, Jim!
Old 03-30-2017, 11:34 AM
Charter Member

Fun, indeed, Ted. Mark and I go back a lot of years. A lot of reminiscing and laughing to go along with the music. He is a principal guy in an international internet education business, and puts in some hellish hours. Put us together, and we are right back in our teens and 20s. He is an amazing piano/keyboard player - we had some great times, especially with a duo we had when we both returned to (different) colleges.

We pretty much look the same, don't you think?

Old 03-31-2017, 03:24 AM

Hi Jim,

Thank you for sharing your trip down memory lane with us! we bet you had a lot of fun playing the old set songs together. What kind of stuff were you playing?

Thanks

Sean
Old 03-31-2017, 08:59 AM
Charter Member

PSA.....

You know it's getting close when you receive the final invoice form Emerald!

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

Can you tell that I'm grinning from ear-to-ear?

Todd in Chicago

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2017, 09:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Guitars View Post
Hi Jim,

Thank you for sharing your trip down memory lane with us! we bet you had a lot of fun playing the old set songs together. What kind of stuff were you playing?

Thanks

Sean
Our set list back then was... eclectic. Mostly rock, but everything from Billie Holiday to Chicago, America, that "new band": the Eagles, to the occasional Broadway show tune. Some of that still makes me chuckle... for a year, we were "the house band" for a rowdy bar. First I had ever done that kind of gig. After one-nighters, always on the road, with a horn band, it was a delight to be able to come home each night. And, no road expenses.

It was an interesting time to be a musician. I used to laugh at the fact that we were the only two sober ones in the place. The crowd would range from college kids to bikers to businessmen. We played hard and loud, and the crowd was receptive. There were a lot of "regulars," so we were always adding new songs to keep it from getting stale.

Mark is a decent guitar player, but he is a master on the piano. Last year, we got together at his place, where he has a keyboard and we could cut loose... more so than in a quiet 55+ RV resort. Still it was good fun getting together... and an opportunity for me to hear both guitars... from in front... and played together!

Mark had nothing but praise for the two Emeralds. He went on about how gorgeous the X20 is and the great sound. When we switched (he was concerned about marking up the X20), he said (about the X7), "This one just feels so good!"

Yep, I get that.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChicagoTodd View Post
PSA.....

You know it's getting close when you receive the final invoice form Emerald!

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

Can you tell that I'm grinning from ear-to-ear?

Todd in Chicago

Oh, the anticipation! Very excited for you! Of course, we'll be expecting NGD photos and your take on the look, sound, and feel.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:54 PM
Guest 928

The Chicago;

Good for you. those invoices are generally sent out about 6 months before the guitar is delivered, so you're getting real close.....
Old 03-31-2017, 03:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
The Chicago;

Good for you. those invoices are generally sent out about 6 months before the guitar is delivered, so you're getting real close.....
Harsh!
Old 03-31-2017, 04:01 PM
Charter Member

Getting ready to hit the road again...

Apparently, I'm not so wise. We were getting everything put away to get on the road in the morning. One of us, and I won't mention which, but it wasn't me, gets cranky when we get ready to head out on any trip. I did my best... I mean, one of us did his best to calm the other one down. Apparently there was some frustration. One of the last things to be put away was a broom we keep out on the patio. One of us asked, "Where would you like this, or will you be using it for transportation?"

Also, apparently, only one of us has a sense of humor. And, that's when the fight started.

No, nothing to do with guitars... unless I find myself locked out, with the guitars tossed out behind me.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:36 PM
Charter Member

That would explain the X20 that just popped up on craigslist....
Old 03-31-2017, 06:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
That would explain the X20 that just popped up on craigslist....
Hey! The guitars stay with me!

What? Ohhhh, she's right behind me, isn't she?

I kid. I do that because I'm a kidder. We are happily married. Pretty sure. She tried not to laugh about the broom comment, but I think a little chuckle was in there. Pretty sure.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:03 PM
Guest 928

Jim Jim Jim;

She's not going to just throw those guitars out the window. You'd best make up, as soon as possible. Burn the broom and buy a vacuum cleaner. That there is 50-years-of-married-life advice.

Unless you were the one supposedly riding the broom. That's a different ballgame. My wife has never accused me of being a witch, even though I have sometimes accused her of being a rhyming word. So, if you are riding the broom, I have no advice.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
The Chicago;

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber