The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-06-2015, 01:32 PM

Default JJB Prestige-330 !

Well,

There has been a lot of talk about the K&K and JJB type pickups lately. In a few of the threads on the topic, I have talked about my old guitar that had the JJB system and how good it sounded. I said that I would eventually put one in my S&P Woodland Pro Folk ...

Well, yesterday the JJB Prestige-330 (15mm size) came in the mail. I installed it this morning and it went well.. better than my last install. I'm always worried when I install these, as if you don't place them correctly, then it will not sound so nice. I took my time and the install was clean and the guitar sounds awesome.

I followed this tutorial to the letter. This is for a k&k, but the JJB is the same thing, so it applies for both. If you are thinking about installing one of these yourself, follow this procedure and it will come out great.

http://www.cavalierpickups.com/frettech/kk/index.html

I'm glad I decided to put my money where my mouth is. I forgot how much nicer these pickups sound compared to the under saddle piezos my other guitars had. This S&P sounds way better plugged in than the Yamaha AC3R or PRS SE Angelus that I bought and sold before deciding on the Woodland Pro.

Best $50 I've spent in a while.
http://jjb-electronics.com/prestige-330.html
Highly recommended!

Here is a quick sound test. Guitar was plugged into my acoustic amp (Ibanez Troubadour T20) and recorded across the room with a Tascam DR-05. I was lightly strumming/picking with the flesh of my fingers (Not really playing a song, just a quick test).

"Those who wish to appear wise among fools, among the wise seem foolish."
Quintilian

Last edited by Wasper; 06-06-2015 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:33 AM

I've got JJB pickups in both of my guitars. Just as they are, the tone is a bit dark for me but nothing a little EQ can't fix.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:11 PM

Congrats! Sounds great!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification