The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-07-2015, 08:31 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default AER Compact 60/3 & K&K Pure Mini

I curious if anyone here runs this set up, I would like to know how you guys are EQ'ing the amp, or if you use the colour function or not. The combination seems to sound good at just about any setting. I'm currently just running the guitar straight to the amp, no pre-amp.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:07 PM
Charter Member

Vee Voe;

Try as I might, I could not find a setting on my AER Compact 60/2 that sounded good with my K&K-equipped Goodall...

Once I got a hold of a K&K PURE XLR preamp, all was right with the world! I run both the preamp and the amp itself pretty much flat with this combination, into the mic channel (2) so as to make use of the phantom power aspect of both the AER and the Compact... I really like NOT having to use a battery!

Because I use the 'mic" channel for the guitar's preamp, I bought a step-down line matching transformer for my Shure Beta 58A and I run it through channel 1, no problem...
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification