The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 04-14-2017, 07:54 AM
Charter Member

This sounds just terrific, Glenn. Good that you had a nice Gibson handy to answer the call of the thump thump low E string

Goodall, Martin, Wingert
Old 04-14-2017, 08:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
That was sweet! Very nicely done and very enjoyable.

UKPhil expressed it perfectly for me. I also am usually the most pleased when I think the video sounds like I'm right in front of the guitar listening to you. I can handle a little bit of the reverb to smooth the edges, but I tend to not like a lot. Think you picked the right amount.
Hi Kerbie,

Thank you so much for your thoughts!

I did experiment a fair amount with the reverb level. I mostly like reverb when it just fills in a little but otherwise is not noticeable. It's very easy to add to much reverb. Because I have something like 24 songs now on my YouTube channel, I have a pretty good feel for where the reverb level is set, and on "Man with the Green Thumb" I had to use more because the song sounded too choppy.

I'm glad you feel that I got the audio mix about right!

- Glenn
Old 04-14-2017, 08:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Paul View Post
This sounds just terrific, Glenn. Good that you had a nice Gibson handy to answer the call of the thump thump low E string
Hi Paul,

Thank you so much! And I do agree, that big Gibson AJ really has not only a big sound but enough bass to really add some of that "thump" you've referred to! I tried this piece with my Taylor 514CE and I was really disappointed in how it came out. So, yes, I was really glad I tried the AJ!

What a sound that AJ can have on the right song! Then again, guitars do seem to have their songs where they really work well. For example, the Taylor 514CE seemed to fit very well, I think, on "Lewis & Clark."

- Glenn
Old 04-14-2017, 10:40 AM
Guest 33123

Great Glenn!
Old 04-14-2017, 11:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Doug View Post
Great Glenn!
Thank you very much for listening and commenting, Doug. Great to see you back on Show & Tell!

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell