The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-13-2017, 11:07 AM

Default X20 intrepid in a storm

We got over three inches of rain in a 24 hour period last week. Had to hastily dig a hole and install a sump pump to prevent flooding in the backyard. Went into my guitar room and the humidity meter said 77%. Picked up my favorite guitar the OM-28A. Sounded soggy and not special. Pulled out the SCGC OM-blah. Unzipped the Emerald bag and voila! The X20 was vibrant, resonant, in tune, and the best guitar in the room at the time. Played it for the rest of the night happily. A highly valued arrow to have in the quiver.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:33 AM

Yep. Been there. Still a bit soggy here. The X20 and Lucky 13 are champs and don't care about the temperature or humidity. Both were in tune while the rest needed lots of attention to get there. The bottom line is that I have been giving the other guitars a rest (ukes too) as they don't like these weather changes.

Might have to let a couple of more woods go...

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber