The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 06-17-2016, 09:14 AM

Default Don Young has died

From Michael Messer's fortum, post by Brad Bechtel

Quote:
News is out on Facebook that Don Young has passed away due to undisclosed causes.

It's with a heavy heart that we say goodbye to my dear, dear friend DON YOUNG. Don was the co-founder of NATIONAL RESO-PHONIC GUITARS, Inc. Beginning in 1989, Don, with co-founder McGregor Gaines, started building reproductions of 20's and 30's Nationals in Don's parents garage, then opened a small factory in San Luis Obispo, California that continues to this day to build the world's finest resophonic guitars. He passed away yesterday, June 15th.
Don was always funny, and generous, and a fine musician himself. He always had time for everyone, loved his work with a great passion, and left us a giant legacy. Rest in Peace Brother. You will be missed.
Read more: http://michaelmesser.proboards.com/t...#ixzz4BqlDKqI6

I've never met or spoken to Don Young, but love the NRP guitars - one day I'll get another (I had a NRP polychrome tricone - great - but I like a "dirtier" sound.
MM Blues resonator
Seagull S6 Original

Last edited by jansch; 06-17-2016 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-17-2016, 07:46 PM

Sad news. I LOVE my NRP - it changed my musical life. Many thanks to this man for the awesome, wonderful guitars that came from San Luis Obispo.
Herrmann Weissenborn
Recording King RP-10
Recording King RG-35-SN Lapsteel
Maton 425 12-string
ESP 400 series telecaster
Eastman T485
Deering Americana Banjo
My Youtube

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments